CH:13

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 🍍 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

Blueprint Apartments
9:30am

"Baby," Changbin hummed with a soft yet disappointed smile lifting his lips. Sitting at the edge of their bed, he gazed at Felix's back as the latter rummaged through his wardrobe for some outfit to go somewhere with someone who was not his boyfriend. "Do you... like your present?"

"Hm?" Felix sighed, exhausted, as he pulled out a white long sleeve and cropped sweater from their respective hangers. Holding them up to his chest; the sweater over the shirt, he turned to face Changbin, swinging his hips and pursing his lips before speaking. "What do you think about this?"

"W-what?"

"Binnie," Felix whined, face-palming. "I have to look good- So do these go well together? I could wear my black scarf around it to not have too much white?"

"Lix... look good for what? Where are you even going? I'm asking if you liked, or even saw your birthday present. And you haven't even touched the breakfast I made you yet..." Changbin sighed at the way his voice cracked with the last few words and, his legs, though hesitant, stood to carry him closer to Felix's front. "Love," he mumbled, pouting. "It's your birthday, I know... But that doesn't mean that you can't at least tell me where you're going..."

"Binnie but I told you last night," Felix huffed, blushing when Changbin's palm met his cheek. Lifting his free hand to hold onto its back, he spoke again, "Chan offered to take me out, remember? Just a friendly outing, you know? And it's not for the entire day either..."

"Chan...?"

"Yeah, something wrong?" Felix mirrored the arch of the older's brow, and he could only scoff when the latter rolled his eyes and smacked his tongue before strolling back over to the bed. "What's up with you?"

Ignoring Felix's questions, Changbin reached under the pillows on the younger's side of the bed and pulled out a small box, marching back over to his front, and opening it, kind of carelessly, as if it didn't even mean much to him anymore.

"Here," he smiled, sarcastic and kind of hurt if one were to observe it properly. "It's a promise ring. Happy birthday. I wanted to get you one a long time ago, but I needed enough money to buy the brand that I wanted. I hope you like it." He grabbed Felix's hand, forcing it open to place the box in. "Happy birthday, Felix."

"Binnie..." Felix mumbled, almost breathless, as he observed how the heart-shaped carving completed the ring's band so beautifully; that had to be real gold. And standing there, Felix could not help but felt guilty.