CH:19

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 🍍 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

Blueprint Apartments
10:30am

He didn't wait too long, right? Because, after all, he needed his own break from everything just like Changbin right? He needed to let go too- he needed to take that breather from everyone too but, standing there in front of that body-length mirror in his bedroom with glossed lips, a cozy outfit, and a pastel blue beret to match, even though it had been three weeks, Felix still did not feel fully ready to face Chan.

But he had to, and he knew that. He had been bluffing for way too long and, maybe Kai's birthday was the best timing for such a thing; replace the anniversary date of a recently ended love with the confession of another. Yes, sounded about right. And with the way that Chan had been caring for him over the period of time with so much humility and understanding as if he still was not convinced that he had nothing to do with Felix's breakup was enough surety for the latter's heart.

He smiled at his reflection, soft and small, as he reminisced on just how loving Chan had proven himself to be; from everyday rides to simple checkups, and he sighed contently as his fingers traced over the silver letters on the necklace that his child's father had gifted him. Yes, Felix may have not been ready for the possibility of rejection or anything along that line but, standing there, he could safely conclude that he was prepared.

So grabbing the wrapped up present from his nightstand, and strolling out into the living room; decorated with balloons and posters of the child's favorite cartoons, and a pile of gifts in front of the television that were brought in doubles and triples by Felix's friends; he really did appreciate them.

"Minho," he called at the brunette in the kitchen, faking an apologetic look at the realization that he had interrupted a rather interesting conversation between the older and another familiar male. "Jeongin, hey."

"Hey," Jeongin smiled, nodding, kind of nervous even though Felix had willingly invited him over for that celebration. "H-how are you? I placed the gift I bought him over there," he pointed to where the others were, making every effort to avoid eye contact with Felix, but blushing when his hopefully-soon-to-be lover snaked an arm around his lower waist.

Faking a gag, Felix nodded, bowing and mumbling a low, "Thank you," as he attended to his ringing phone. "Hey," he answered, his small smile dimming when his ex spoke over the line. They hadn't spoken in a while, and Felix wasn't sure whether it was choked-up tears that had Changbin's voice so raspy, or if he had just woken up. "H-how are you?"

"I'm good," Changbin sighed, gulping thickly to keep his sobs from being sold out over the phone whilst his shaky hand had him straining to write out a few words on the card that he wanted to give to the birthday boy. "W-where's the big boy?"