CH:16

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 🍍 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

Blueprint Apartments
8:30pm

"We need to talk," Changbin announced as soon as he entered the apartment, and the sight of Felix seated on the sofa with one leg bouncing restlessly was enough to sell out just how much he expected that proposal from his boyfriend. And not even questioning the younger's unforeseen preparedness, Changbin took his own seat on the single sofa, leaning forward with arms propped on his knees, and lowering his head as if shame would eat him up if he were even to attempt a mutual gaze with the blonde. "We really need to talk..."

"Yeah," Felix mumbled, looking down, not at all ready for what they were about to discuss. "But first," he tried to smile, failing when he realized how Changbin had not looked at him even once since getting comfortable, "how- how is Jisung?"

"S-Sung is fine," Changbin stuttered, tired from just the thought of verbalizing what he had done and, quite unsure how to bring such a confession forward. Because simply stating that he kissed someone else didn't seem very practical, and when analyzed, bringing it out in parables seemed to make even less sense. But what held an even worse outcome than those two was the third option; keeping such deed a secret, and Changbin could never see himself doing such a thing, so he knew that the first, although requiring more courage, would be the most honest and effective conclusion.

So inhaling and deciding to not waste any more time, he looked up at Felix, finally, breath hitching upon finding the latter's eyes on him. "I- I did something bad," he almost whispered, trying to anticipate where exactly their conversation would lead to, within the short interval before his next line. "I- I fucked up, and for that I'm sorry. I know that things may never be the same again- and not just because of that... and I'm sorry."

"W-what did you do?" Felix asked calmly, arching both brows and tilting his head to the side with his lower lip trapped in between his teeth. His heartbeats quickened and, he was honestly kind of fearful at just the possibility of something heartbreakingly negative leaving Chagbin's lips, but at the same time, Felix felt sort of... relieved? He felt somewhat satisfied with the mere thought of his partner making a grave, justifiably unforgivable mistake, as it would give his heart more reason to move on and not look back, but never mind.

Thinking about that in an already tense atmosphere made his conscience heavy. So sighing, Felix shifted closer to the edge of the sofa, staring at Changbin intently.

"I- I kissed him..."

Silence.

Changbin flinched as if the confession of his mouth had recoil to attack his face and, Felix froze as if he was not just feeling a bit hopeful that something of such was the case. Because sitting there, with wide eyes and parted lips that were positioned for a low gasp, he could not say that it didn't hurt.