Almost Drowning

It was a calming day, well almost calming. 

Woosh...

You hear sirens pass by you as you walk down the street. A Specific label you recognize, "The Paw Patrol" The Rescue crew created by a 10 year old and in total of ten pups, but we are going to focus on 6 pups this story, but 2 in specific. 

"Ryder! I have a visual of Cap'n Turbot, his boat is out of control far from the bay." A German Shepherd calls out to the team's leader, Ryder. He was ridding on a orange hovercraft out far in the ocean. 

"Alright, I copy that." He turned back his attention to up in the sky, and sees a pink and silver helicopter. " Skye I need for you to keep close on the boat just in case if anything goes wrong." The boy looks up in the sky, from his ATV that turned into a hovercraft. 

"On it Ryder!" Skye flew over to the boat, monitoring above. "Alright, Zuma get Chase close enough to the boat so he could get Cap'n Turbot out." Ryder made it to the sinking boat, in a hurry of saving the captain. "Got it Ryder!" Zuma drove closer to the boat, allowing the German Shepherd to jump off and hop onto the boat. 

Chase ran over to the trapped door, "Cap'n Turbot! Try and kick down the door." Chase stood back, letting him kick down the door. 

Crash!..

A tan wooden door comes crashing down, the boat starts to fill heavy with water. "Cap'n turbot! I need for you to jump quickly." He pointed to the orange Hovercraft. "Thank you!" He ran over and jumped onto the Hovercraft. 

"Alright! Ryder we have Cap'n turbo-"

Crack!..

Chase looked down at the wooden floor, slowly make a huge crack down the middle. Chase was on the other side of the flounder. He starts to slowly walked to the other side, trying not to make anymore damage.  

"Chase, get out of there. NOW." Ryder could hear the cracking of the boat. Chase looked down at his pup tag. He nodded at the boy through the tag. He started moving faster and faster.

Crack!..

The looked down at the floor. "Jump!" The floor went tumbling down with the German Shepherd with it. 

"CHASE!" Ryder and Skye called out, Zuma was far off to the shore, observing the boat slowly sink into the ocean. Ryder could see his pup tag, drowned with water. 

Skye quickly put on her auto pilot on her helicopter. She wasn't thinking, she jumped out, plummeting down to the ocean. "This is going hurt." She mumbled to herself.

Crash!..

She made it to the ocean, unharmed. She put on her goggles, she franticly looked around for the German Shepherd. She started to swim around the rubble of the to be called "Flounder." 

Every time she breathed out turned to bubbles, floating to the top. She was losing oxygen and fast, but all she could think about was if he was going to survive. She couldn't give up, that was no option. "Skye! Get up to the surface!" She heard Ryder call out to her, she turned off her pup tag and continued searching. 

She saw something, something like..

'Chase.'    

He was slowly descending down to the ocean's surface. She swam hard to him, she grabbed ahold of him and slowly swam back up. He was heavy, but not enough to stop her spirit. She was out of oxygen, she didn't stop. 

She slowly, swam up, higher and higher. '

She gasped for air, hard. She looked around, with Chase around her arm. She saw a hovercraft, one like.. Ryder!

He stopped next to her, he picked her and Chase up and placed them behind him. He stepped on the gas, full speed to the shore. 

Skye was doing CPR on him | Without the mouth to mouth part.| "Come on!" She said, frustrated. He still wasn't coming back, but with a small heartbeat. "Come On!" She shouted again, she pressed harder. 

They made it to the shore, Ryder didn't even park properly, he just grabbed Chase and ran to the clinic with the pups following close behind. "Ryder, what a happened?!" Marshall said, running with his owner. No response.  

They turned to Skye, hoping for an Answer. "I'll explain when we get inside." She said, but not in her usually Cheerfully mood, more like a 'Leave me alone' mood. 

They all rushed into the clinic, almost breaking the door. Katie rushed out from the current room she was and gasped. She ran over and grabbed him, and rushed into a room. 

Ryder sat down onto a chair, motionless. His clothes was wet for driving so fast the water splashed on to him. Skye looked at the pups who were waiting for her to say anything to what just happened.

She sighed and walked away from Ryder, with the pups following. "Chase almost drowned." She said painfully. All the pups gasped and some looked at Ryder. "Why are you so wet though? You were up in your helicopter." Rocky pointed out, keeping a distance. 

"I put my helicopter on auto pilot and jumped down and got him." She looked at her helicopter still hovering in the sky. She started to walk to the door, fighting back tears. "Give me an update when I get back." Her tone pitched higher when ending the sentence. She ran out the door, crying. 

She ran over to the beach, the closet part to her helicopter. She turned back on her pup tag, "Ruff! Land Helicopter." It started to fly back, slowly to the shore. 

T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T... 

It landed, turning off it's engine. She walked over to it. Mid way she stopped and fell to the floor, shaking and crying. She curled up into a ball, warming herself but not good enough. 

"Why.." She questioned herself. She looked out over the quiet bay, she usually liked how the waves crashed peacefully. She was upset, upset at herself. 

"You were right there." She muttered, she sat up and looked out to the horizon. "You could of gotten him sooner." Her voice raised a little bit, her paws clutched into a fist. "You could of saved him." Her voice gradually raised, higher and higher. "I HATE YOU! IF HE DIES IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU!" She yelled at herself. She pictured her self in the helicopter, 

"I hate you so much." She looked directly into the empty helicopter. She knew if he died.. She would die too.