Self Encouragement

Third Person POV

Skye walked out of her pup's house. She kept telling herself she was when she felt like she couldn't. "Come on Skye, you got this." She said encouraging herself. She saw Chase in a distance talking to Rocky, she started to walk over but stopped after one step. 

"I can't do this." She said walking back. "But you have to." She looked to her right, her imaginary self was sitting down, looking at her. "But I can't," Skye responded looking at her. "Then what did you just tell yourself in your pup house?" Her Imaginary pointed to their pup's house. 

"Things could be said," Skye said, smiling awkwardly. "Why do you even care?" Skye asked, looking at her. "Cause I'm YOU." Her imaginary self defended. "Then you should be agreeing with ME then," Skye said pointing at herself. 

"Touche." Her imaginary self said, crossing her arms. Skye rolled her eyes and sat down, looking at her. "But I mean should I?" Skye asked, herself. "Why are you asking me? I'm you!" She said pointing to Skye. "Touche," Skye said rolling her eyes.

"What are we are we gonna do?" Her imaginary self said in a sassy tone. "I'm going to go back to my pup's house," Skye said looking at it. 

"Hey, Skye!" She whipped her head to Rocky and Chase. "You want to come to play with us?" Chase called out smiling at her. 

"You should have left when you had the Chance." Her Imaginary self said, crossing her arms. "Sure!" Skye called back out. She gave her imaginary self one last look, before running to the two. 

"What are we playing?" Skye asked looking at the two pups. "Maybe some tag!" Chase said looking back at her. "You guys want to get the rest of the pups?" Skye said looking back at the lookout. "Sure! I'll go get them!" Rocky said dismissing himself, purposely. 

Chase and Skye stood there, awkwardly. "So.." Skye said looking around. "Thanks," Chase said quietly to her. 

"For What?" She asked, looking up at him. "For saving me from an eagle," Chase said looking into her eyes. "I-It was nothing." Skye hesitated. "No, it WAS something. You're deathly afraid of eagles and you fought one head one." Chase said putting his paw onto hers. "So thank you." He said smiling at her. 

Skye blushed lightly as he held her paw. "N-No problem." She said looking deeply into his eyes. 

"Alright, I'm back with the pups!" They heard Rocky call out. Chase removed his paw from hers and smiled at Rocky. "Alright, we can start the game now!" Chase said, acting like what just happened didn't. 

"Alright, who wants to be Zuma could barely get his sentence out. "Not it!" The pups exclaim.

It." He finished. The pups all scatter to different places. Zuma started to count, closing his eyes. 

Skye ran into the lookout and looked around for somewhere to hide out before she needs to run. "Where..." She said to herself. She looked at the closet that holds the blankets. "Perfect!" She mumbled to herself. She opened it up and closed the door gently. 

She hid under some blankets and kept quiet. She put her head in her paws and sighed quietly. "Should I tell you?" She questioned herself. She looked up from her paws and looked to the one Chase held. "Why is this so difficult." 

"I rescue people for crying out loud, how could this be so hard." She said putting her paw to her forehead. She pulled a blanket over her, covering her whole body. 

Creak.

The door opened gently, then closed. "I hope he doesn't find me here." Skye heard a voice near her, she pulled the blanket off of her and saw Rocky. He jumped in fear but quickly calmed down. 

"I did NOT see you there," Rocky said looking at the Cockapoo. "Now you know my hiding skills are on point." Skye smiled, holding the cover in her paw. "I can never find you!" Rocky said a little too loud. Skye covered his mouth and hushed him.

"Do you wanna get tagged?" Skye whispered to him. He shook his head and removed her paw. "Good," Skye said laying back down. 

They started to hear footsteps getting closer and closer to them. Skye then threw a blanket at Rocky, covering him whole, and he laid down, acting like a laid-out blanket. 

Creak.

The door opened, letting in light. "I swore I heard voices coming from here." They heard a voice say, the door then closed, the light stopped shining in and the pup walked away. 

Skye threw the blanket off of her and did the same for Rocky. "See, Hiding skills." She smiled. . Rocky smiled back at her. "I want to be stuck with you when hiding more," Rocky whispered, standing back up. 

Skye opened the door slightly and saw nobody around. "Come on, we can't stay in here forever," Skye said pointing out the door. Skye opened the door wider and saw Chase sitting there smiling. 

"Dang it." Rocky and Skye said in sync. Chase walked up to Skye and tapped her nose. "Your it," Chase said running away. Skye blush gently but it faded as she looked at Rocky. "I take back my statement!." He said running away from the Cockapoo.