Spilled Emotions

Hello, welcome to chapter 4 on the 2nd day we started working on this :0 The first 3 chapters were written entirely by FritsAlone, so this will seem different because I (TheWriterGuy077) is writing this chapter. Enjoy!

It had been two weeks since Chase had almost drowned, and in the clinic, Chase was just starting to stir. Katie, who was in the room at the time, rushed over to him. He opened his eyes. "Where am I? What happened?" He asked. Katie sat down next to him and started to explain exactly what Ryder told her.

"When you were saving captain turbot from his sinking ship, and just when you evacuated him, the floor beneath you broke and you almost drowned. Skye, who was watching, jumped down from her helicopter, which was very high, and swam down to you. She just saved you on time, but you've been unconscious for two weeks, and Ryder says Skye hasn't been the same since. I hope she's okay."

Chase was surprised. Skye had saved him. He wanted to see her, but he was confused about what Katie said about her not being the same. his thoughts wandered so far, by the time he snapped back into reality, Ryder and the pups had arrived. He had stood up on his bed, and wagging his tail at the sight of his friends, especially Skye.

"Chase!" Skye shouted, obviously relieved. he smiled, and felt his heart start to beat faster. She had a pink necklace on, and her bloodshot eyes said that she had obviously been crying.

At the sight of Chase, Skye was relieved. He was alive. He wasn't going to die. Chase smiled at her. She could tell he noticed her necklace, which was now pink, but she didn't care. Chase jumped down from his bed, and hugged her. She felt warmth rushing through her. When they finally pulled away, Chase said "Thanks for saving my life. I couldn't thank you enough."

Skye looked down at the floor. "If I had just done it sooner, you wouldn't have been unconscious for two weeks. I'm sorry." Chase looked shocked, he looked behind her at Ryder and the others shrugging their shoulders.

Chase looked down at Skye and lifted her head to look at him. "No, it's not your fault. You did what you could, and you saved me. I would have died if it weren't for you" He said, comforting the Cockapoo. Her pink necklace started to mix with blue, Chase looked at his paw and quickly moved away. "Um, sorry, I-I wasn't thinking, um-." He said, obviously embarrassed.

Skye started to giggle at the Embarrassed German Shepherd, "Thanks Chase." She said, smiling up at him. "It's good to have you back." She had what seemed like a pit in her stomach. She wanted to spill every emotion she had for him, but she was too scared. She promised herself she would do it some day. Skye looked down at her necklace, and noticed was pink. Romantic. She blushed, and took it off. That could be a real problem She thought.

When they got back to the lookout, it was late, so they ate dinner and watched a movie, after what seemed like hours of hugging and greeting Chase at the clinic. The movie they watched was, of course, Apollo the super pup, Which now has a new movie. We really need to find a better franchise, Chase thought.

Skye had sat down next him, and was currently sleeping. Chase could tell it had been a long week for her. When the movie ended, Ryder had to wake her up for her to go to her puphouse to sleep.

It was happening again. Captain Turbot's boat was sinking, and Chase was descending into the water, drowning. Skye redid everything she did last time, but Chase was going down fast. She dove into the water, grabbed his paw, and tried to swim up, but he was just too heavy. She saw his eyes closed, and she had to let go, or else she would die too. When she arose, it hit her. Chase had died, and it was all because of her.

Skye woke up, panting. It was a dream, but it was so realistic. She knew it was fake, but tears began to fall down her face. she heard a loud knocking on her puphouse door. "SKYE! Are you okay?! I heard you screaming." Skye thought she must have been screaming in her sleep. Nice. "I'm o-okay, it was just a nightmare." She let the German Shepard in, and he saw her crying.

"Do you want to tell me about it?" he asked in a soothing tone. Skye nodded. "It was exactly what happened two weeks ago, but I couldn't save you. I-I don't want to lose you." He smiled weakly. "I'm not going anywhere, I promise. You can sleep with me if you want." When she didn't answer, his faced turned red. "Uh, only if you want t-"  She interrupted him with "Thank you. I'd love to." she followed him to his puphouse, he lied down, and she followed suit. Skye rested her head on Chase's back, and fell asleep.