Denial

First Person: Skye (Written by TheWriterGuy077)

Still, after all of that, I still feel no accoplishment. The one thing I need to do, is tell Chase how I feel. It feels simple. But it's not. Every time I approach him, my stomach has a hole in it. Every time I try I get scared and I don't end up doing it. I think back to my episode on the helicopter, if Ryder hadn't snapped me out of it, how long would it have gone on for. Am I mentally stable?

The thought hit hard. No, no, no, no, no. Chase almost died. You're just scared to lose him. I try to tell myself, but it doesn't work. I decide to let the thought fly around my head along with everything else jamming my mind. I'm in my helicopter by the way, on the way back to the lookout, when Marshall's voice come throught my puptag. "You know, I might be able to help you with your... love problem. I know Chase well. If he does feel the same way about you, he might tell me." I don't know what to think. "Is it that obvious?" I ask. He is silent for a moment, as if he's thinking about it, and he responds with "Yes. It's pretty obvious. Everyone knows it, but..." He probably noticed he was going way to far with this. "Sorry, I'll help. I can give you an earpeace that will let you hear our entire conversation." He says.

LATER

I'm sitting in my puphouse waiting for either my dreams to come true, or my dreams to be crushed. the earpiece is in place and I'm ready. I hear "Chase, can I talk to you in private?" It's Marshall's voice. I hear footsteps, and then they sit down.

"Chase, I wanted to ask you something." Marshall says.

"Ask away." Chase replies

Marshall seems nervous. "So, Chase. I've noticed the way you look at Skye, it's different. The way you act around, how you seem protective of her. I'm just if you like her."

Chase is silent for a moment, then he answers "No, I don't. And don't you go telling people that I do. That's not cool." He said it too casually for it to be a lie.

I lie down, bury my face in my paws, and think about what just happened. After a while, I hear a knock on my door. "Come in." I say. The door opens to reveal a sad Marshall. "I'm sorry Skye, I thought he would have said yes, I should have known it was a bad idea." he sais. Inside, I'm crushed, but I can't show hint of it, not again. "No, Thank you! If I confessed and got rejected it would have been way more painful than knowing the easy way." I knew I lying to him, and half myself. That's what I wanted to believe.

Eventually he left, leaving me to my own negative thoughts. It was then, that everything hit me.

I was alone. Alone for life