Finding Out (Part 2)

Skye's POV

I kept repeating what I would say in my head, I needed to make this right. I keep biting my lip, trying to get the words out. 'Why is it so hard to tell you how I feel?!' I thought. I stop before coming to close he would see me. 

I put my paw on my Forehead. 'Maybe I can just come back another time.' I start to walk back. 

"Skye?" 

I look behind me and Chase has his head turned, my way. I walk back towards him and sit next to him. All I could think about was If my heart was going to Shatter, or if it going to grow an even bigger love for him. We both sit there and watch the sunset. Silence. 

I keep rubbing the back of my paw, trying to get myself to say three words. I keep opening up my mouth but nothing comes out. I could feel my heart still with its hole, growing even larger. 

"So, Skye.." Chase said trying to make a conversation. "The Sunset it beautiful." He keeps his gaze to the horizon. "Y-Yeah." I say with a stutter, Finally getting words out. 'Alright, tell him you need to tell him something.' I thought. 

"Chase, I-I need to tell you something." I say keeping my eyes locked onto the horizon, cause I can not, surely, say it to his face. 

"What is it, Skye?" 

Third Person POV

Skye could feel her heart start pumping hard, her face got warmer and redder. "W-Well, I've been wanting to tell you this for a very long time." She started. Chase started to get warmer, his tail wagged gently and a smile started to form. 

Skye opened up her mouth and...Nothing, all she could hear was sounds of her struggling to get the words out. Chase slightly tilted his head in confusion. "Take your time, I'm not in a rush." The  German Shepherd's words were meant to sooth Skye, but it only made it worse. 

She needed to tell him. "Chase." She said looking at him. Chase nods his head. "Look, this might be stupid. But I really love you more than a friend. I know you must not feel the same way. I just needed to get that off my chest." Skye said, finally getting the words out. 

Chase kept his stare at Skye, his smile grew. His tail wagged uncontrollably. Skye looked at his shocked expression. "Skye..I." Chase said stuck. Skye sighed. "I knew it. I'll just go-" She was stopped by the German Shepherd. "I love you too." He said looking into her Magenta eyes, sparkling. 

Her lips started to quiver, and a smile appeared on her face. They leaned in and kissed each other, under the sunset. 

The pups came out from the shadows and started to cheer. "That's My best friend!" Marshall shouted. They broke the kiss and looked at the others, embarrassed. 

"After 4 years." Rocky said, wiping his tears. Zuma looked at Rocky, and patted his back while nodding slowly. The two both looked back at the sunset. Skye leaned her head onto Chase's shoulder and they watched as the sun lowered. Disappearing until tomorrow.