Colors

Skye looked out to the horizon then back to the beach, which lies her helicopter still in tact and sitting there. 

"In coming." The Imaginary warns. Skye wipes her tears and plasters yet another fake smile. She whips her head behind her to see Rocky and Marshall walking up to her. 

"I'll be back soon!" Her Imaginary self disappeared, well only for Skye she did. "Skye! Are you alright? Marshall told me what happened." Rocky sat next to her, while Marshall sat next to her on her other side. "I'm fine guys, see!" She smiled at them both, her smile twitched every Second. 

She was testing her own patience. "Skye, you're twitc-" Rocky pointed out but was quickly cut off by Skye. "Why not we head inside! Race ya!" She got up and rushed to the clinic.

Rocky looked at Marshall, and he looked back at Rocky. They both brushed it off and ran after Skye. Skye could feel like she was falling apart Mentally and Emotionally. Skye got there first and celebrated. 

"Not fair! You had a head start!" Marshall complained. "Sorry! You wouldn't have beaten me anyway!" Skye boasted. They walked over to the tan wooden door, they opened it to see Chase still in the say position he was last. Rocky and Marshall sat near the door, Skye walked over and jumped onto a chair that was placed on the other side of his bed. 

She smiled at him, she knew he would want her to be strong. She was, but couldn't get over the fact he could of died because of her. 

1 Week Later.

Ever since Chase has been in the clinic, even though Skye was putting up her usual self In front of the pups. They felt like something was Wrong, even Ryder felt it from his pup. Currently, the pups were playing tag.

"Alright! Who's going to be it?" Marshall asked, looking at all the pups. "Not it!" All the pups, but Skye said. It was weird, she was the first one to say it. "Alright, I'll count." She gave a smile as she closed her eyes. All the pups scattered to one place, the lookout. 

"One...two..Three.." She counted, closing her eyes. The pups ran into the lookout, "Ryder, we need to talk." Marshall says, coming with the pups behind him. 

Ryder walked out from the kitchen, "What's happening pups?" He said, kneeling down. "It's Skye. She's been acting like herself lately." Marshall says looking at the rest of the pups. "But, we don't feel like its her." Zuma finished. 

Ryder sighed, and weakly smiled. "I feel the same way too. Just give her some time." Ryder got up and walked back into the Kitchen. 

"I'm coming for you pups!" They heard her call out. "completely forgot. Scatter!" All the pups ran to different locations of the lookout.  

4:00 In the afternoon. 

The pups are all resting inside from a day of playing, "You really can run for some time Skye!" Rocky says looking away from the TV playing. "Thank you!" She smiles, her eye starts to twitch. Rocky ignored her twitching and focused back onto the TV. 

"I'm going to go back to my pup house." Skye excused herself and walked out the lookout. She started to walk over to her pup house, 'You're almost there. Keep it in for a little longer.' She opened her door, and closed it.

She bangs her head once on her metal wall. She slowly descends to the ground of her pup house. She can't even cry anymore. She's been trying for so long just to let any emotion out.

She just couldn't...

She looked over to a picture frame with Chase on it. She looks at it closely. She turns her attention to his police hat, she snagged awhile ago. She grabs it in her hand, and clutches it to her chest. A tear drops onto it.

More tears follow, she let go of the hat, not trying to get it wet. She didn't want to lose him. She didn't want to..

LOSE HIM.

She rushes out her pup house, she runs down the hill over to the bridge. She keeps running, not stopping for anything or anyone. She runs over to the beach where her helicopter used to lie before she had to bring it back to the lookout. 

She watches as her Imaginary self starts to walk up to her. "Hello again, been awhile." The friend greets. "Go away." She says, keeping her head in-between her paws. "Aw.. Don't talk to me like that." The friend sits next to her and sighs. 

"Well, you haven't changed a bit since last week." Skye looks over to the friend, a dull expression lies on her face. The friend mimics the face, trying to get a laugh or even a small chuckle. 

Nothing.

"You, my friend are the Definition of Depressed." The friend looks out to the horizon. Skye sighs and gets up from her spot, "Thanks a lot for the pep talk." Skye says sarcastically. She begins to walk away. 

"WAIT!

Skye whipped  head back to the Friend, annoyed. "What." Skye says, rudely. "Look! Over there!" The friend points over to the end of the beach, something glistening in the corner. "What is that." Skye says, curiosity takes the best of her and walks over to the shining object. 

"You know the saying "Curiosity Killed the Cat?"" The friend repeated.  "Good thing I'm not a Cat." Skye replies, walking closer to it. The friend sighs and gets up to follow her.

Skye moves the pile of sand out the way to reveal a Necklace. Skye picks it up and analyzing it more. "That looks like a mood necklace." Skye points out, she places it around her neck and it changes colors. They look at where the necklace used to lie, and see a small piece of paper. They pick it up and read it.

----- 

Red ~ Mad 

Orange ~ Playful 

Yellow ~ Happy 

Green ~ Calm 

Blue ~ Embarrassed 

Purple ~ Anxiousness 

Pink ~ Romantic 

Black ~ Depressed 

White ~ Sad 

---- 

"You know those are not real, right?" The friend says, poking at it. "Let's try it out." Skye says, a little happier but slowly dims back down. 

" It turned.. Black? " The friend said, looking at it. "So it does work!" Skye exclaimed, the Necklace added a hint of yellow but faded after some time. 

"I guess it does."