planning day

The next morning you woke up still leaned against Sun but with your head on his chest rather than his shoulder, and as nice as it was he definitely didn't make a very good pillow, you sat up with a groan and cracked your neck before looking over at sun "gooooood morning!" He chirped, "mmm...mornin" you replied "yknow you coulda told me to get off of you at some point" you added "I suppose I could have but you looked so peaceful I just didn't have the heart to wake you" Sun said before hopping up off of the floor to see what you were doing as you walked off and began to dig through some of the craft supplies, eventually pulling out a few colored pencils and a sheet of construction paper, sitting before beckoning Sun over "OH ARE WE DRAWING?!" He asked excitedly "yeah!, I'm making a blueprint for you're new cooling system" you answered, as the animatronic sat across from you and you took his chest plate off yet again
"I've been thinking, I can't just give you bigger fans since there's no room and they'd be way too loud but I could thread tubing between and around your motors and whatnot and rig up a pump to cool them with water which isnt ideal, some form of coolant would be much better but since you work with kids I wouldnt want someone to get poisoned if you sprung a leak...so water" you explained as you measured a few of his inside components, roughly gauging some of the spaces between them with your fingers which earned several streams of giggles and squeaks from the bot who loosely grabbed a hold of your wrist "y/n ho ho that tickles" he sputtered between giggles "does it? I'm surprised you've got sensors in here" you said, eventually finishing your measurements and mapping out where the tubes would have to go before showing Sun "so there's going to be two sets of tubes, one for each side of your body, they're going to feed through the gaps in your hip joins to some tanks on your legs which will have the pumps to push the water around" you explained though the explanation seemed to fly right over Sun's head as he held up the picture he'd drawn "wow...uh...I just drew a lizard with boots" he explained which earned a chuckle from you "y'know what that's fine, you don't have to understand how it works as long as it does work" you said before getting up to find your phone and plug it in "I'm gonna be making a lot of phone calls and emails for custom parts today so don't be suprised if I'm on my phone a lot once it charges, also if I can get all of the parts in by tomorrow then first thing in the morning I'm dragging you back up the secondary parts and services and installing it, since the cleaning put us behind schedule by an entire day" you explained
"I forgot you'd be leaving tomorrow afternoon,  with four whole days I hoped I'd get to spend more time with you" Sun said, looking down at the table with a sigh "don't worry Sunny, I'll be staying longer than that to make sure the cooling system actually works and figure out the care instructions, y'know like how often the water might need to be refilled...and of course even after I leave you'll be seeing me a lot more often, it's pretty clear that you need more regular checkups since no one else around here is really taking care of you" you reassured, knowing fully that you wouldn't be getting paid to check up on him so often with how stingy the company was but wanting to help him nonetheless "thats great news y/n! You're always so much fun to be around so seeing you more often would make me so happy!" Sun replied, quickly grabbing you in a tight hug which lasted just a bit too long before he bounced away to pick out a board game "hey! Your chest is still open!" You called, holding up his chest plate, he dismissed you with a wave of his hand "no one see's me other than you at the moment so it's no problem at all" he said before quickly returning to your side and setting out a battleship board which was missing a good deal of pieces and had small plastic bricks to replace those pieces "battleship huh? I haven't played this game in a while" you mumbled "me neither! The kids don't seem to enjoy board games much anymore" Sun responded, allowing you to reattach his chest plate before starting to set up his half of the board as you did the same, the two of you played three games of battleship, you won two of them though it was hard to tell if you'd actually won or if Sun had just let you win, either way he cheered after each round regardless of if he won or not.
You watched as Sun put the game back on the shelf and looked for another "hey Sunny, I've gotta make those emails, do you wanna just sit with me and talk for a little while?" You asked "just talk?" Sun questioned "yeah, relax for a little bit y'know" you added "well I'm not very good at just talking but I suppose I could try" Sun answered with a shrug, skipping back over to you and sitting beside you yet again as you took a few pictures of your blueprint and started to type out an email "so...what did you want to talk about?" Sun asked, already sounding a bit anxious "I'm not sure...why don't you just tell me about those dreams you've been having, it sounds like they bother you a lot" you asked, leaning against sun as you typed "Oh...well a lot of them are just about moon, y'know, losing control and hurting someone...i really REALLY don't want to hurt anyone" he explained, shaking again, which he seemed to do a lot "I know Sunny, you wouldn't hurt anyone, Moon might but not you" you responded, rubbing the animatronic's back lightly "yes yes but if moon does than its both of our backends on the chopping block!" Sun said, starting to fidget a bit in place "maybe so, i'd like to hope they'd be more sensible and disconnect moon for good, like they shoulda done a long time ago" you grumbled "I don't know about disconnecting him permanently..he-he is still a person...he used to be nice even..i-i don't know what happened" Sun said, leaning into you a bit "i know what you mean Sunny but Moon is pretty far gone at this point, he's borderline feral if you ask me, last time I saw him he was crawling around on the floor and growling" you explained, having forgotten that you were typing an email and pushing your phone to the side, Sun didn't seem to have a response for what you'd said, going silent for a while before finally speaking again "some of my other dreams are a lot more boring, I'm usually by myself, I really don't like being by myself, your company for the past few nights has been much appreciated even if you were asleep, it's nice to have someone here, just to know I'm not alone" he said, looking towards the floor as he clutched his hands in front of his chest, you hummed quietly "I spend a lot of time alone too actually, between assignments i just stay home a lot, I guess at some point i just forgot how nice it is to actually be around people,  but yknow it's not exactly easy to find people as honest and sweet as you are Sunny" you admitted, looking towards the floor as you absentmindedly played with the sleeves of your shirt "Oh boy..." Sun muttered "is something wrong?" You asked, looking up at him with concern "I'm just...i'm going to miss you so much when you leave, of course I trust that you'll be back but still!" Sun explained "well I'll miss you too silly but there's no need to be sad about it all ready, I'm not leaving yet afterall, we've still got a few days, maybe even more than a few if those parts don't come in on time" you said as you stood on your knees and placed your hands on Sun's cheeks to get him to look at you, the animatronic relaxed slowly as you spoke, wrapping his arms around you and starting to lean into you, something clicked in your mind and you yelped, a bit louder than intended which would cause Sun to jump and topple back away from you as you dove towards your phone "the parts! I'm supposed to be ordering them!"