runaway

(this part is told from Moon's pov, content warning for body horror)

I wasn't certain how or why but I was fronting in a very loud and very bright room, the noise wasn't one that I was familiar with, a sort of droning roar, I couldn't see at all or even remember what had happened to lead me here, my only hint being a familiar and awful sort of looming drowsiness which creeped over my sensors "Sun?" No response "Sun what happened? Where are we?" No response "answer me! how long has it been?" No response
I tried to stay calm, tracing over the bandage which y/n had wrapped my hand with, reassuring myself that I hadn't been out for very long.
Finally I attempted to map out my surroundings, extending my arms and searching for something, anything to tell me where I was, one of my hands, the injured one, was overcome by an unfamiliar sensation as though I'd stuck it into warm water, my temperature sensors going haywire before quite quickly losing signal, I turned towards my hand although I couldn't see it, the room seemed to be much brighter in that direction, curiously,  I flexed my fingers and felt the different segments of my plating stick together when they touched, then the feeling began to creep up my arm where my pain receptors were still active and it became very apparent that whatever this was I shouldn't be touching it, I jerked my hand away with a yelp and clutched my arm, panic finally settling in when I felt my fingers sink through my arms plating as though it were made of clay, the signals from my pain receptors nearly overloaded my system just then, drawing a scream from my voice box as I tried to get away from whatever strange force had caused this though it seemed to be everywhere, regardless, panic outweighed logic and I quickly found myself engulfed with no memory of how to get back to where I'd started.
Finally I hit something solid, a wall, no, a door, I quickly pushed through, feeling searing pain through the side of my body when it stickily dragged over the wooden surface and with a sudden pop and a dull fizzle my voice box gave way, try as I might to call for help my screams had been reduced to nothing but faint static and much to my horror the chaos hadn't been confined to one room, and so I continued to run, not thinking anymore, not trying to figure out where i was, just trying, wishing, to get to anywhere but here.
My wish would be granted as I shoved past what seemed to be another door and my surroundings slowly became darker and quieter as I ran, my pace slowed as my vision returned and I began to hear a sound that was familiar in a way but so so foreign, like the blow of an air conditioner but so much bigger,  surrounding me, I came to a stop and looked around myself, wherever I was it was big, bigger than any room I'd been in before, I couldn't even see the walls, the floor seemed to be made from a dark concrete of some sort and was incredibly unkept, covered in bits of trash and loose gravel and full of cracks, some so deep that plants were growing from them...real plants, this was a first for me, my gaze trailed to the network of thick white lines painted on the floor and I wondered what they were for
"Moon..." A familiar voice finally echoed inside of my head "where are we?"
I tried to answer, tell Sun that I didn't know where we were, scold him for not speaking sooner, but my voice box only crackled faintly as my gaze trailed to my hands, thin claw-like metal digits replaced the blunt plastic ones I was used to seeing as my plating seemed to have been stripped away, leaving me without so much as contact sensors to feel the air which blew past me, I could only imagine what I must look like "I need maintenance" I thought to myself, picking up on the signal from y/n's fazwatch and beginning to walk towards it, staggering as I couldn't feel the ground beneath my feet, the only confirmation that I was even moving being my not-so-great vision which after a while would yet again begin to fade as my surroundings slowly became brighter "I...I think we're outside...how did we get outside? Moon what's going on?" Sun finally piped up again and I tried and failed to answer his questions yet again which only prompted more questions "Moon? Why won't you talk to me? Where are you going? What's wrong? Answer me!!" The panic was very clear in his voice but despite my best efforts I couldn't respond, my voice box fizzling loudly in a cadence which was similar to speech but far from it.
I hid away as it became too bright to see, I wasn't meant to be outside of the daycare after all and I couldn't trust any employees other than y/n not to report me so I waited and waited until the light slowly faded away and I could continue on my way, it seemed to take hours but my internalized clock was scrambled so I didn't know for sure, eventually I would accept Sun's hypothesis of us being outside as I encountered many more plants as well as trees, large rocks, and birds, then finally buildings, y/n's signal was steadily getting closer but it took me painfully long to get there as I continued to hide away when ever the sky became too bright for me to see, I'd never been lost before, nor had I been outside, this was a new experience for me and I found it to be more frightening than it was exciting, if leaving the daycare got me into trouble, what would leaving the entire Plex lead to...
y/n would help, y/n would surely take me home, they would repair me, they would make sure this never happened again I reassured myself to calm the terrible rattle of my jittering body so that hopefully I would be overlooked by the people which I could hear shuffling by.
Finally, after what seemed like ages I was nearing y/n's signal which was held within a large building behind an unlocked door that I pushed past with ease, finally tracking the signal to a large cushioned chair, a sofa, where I found y/n, they were sleeping albeit restlessly, their form shifting from side to side "y/n..." Sun muttered, somewhat startling me as he hadn't spoken in a while, then y/n jerked, their eyes slowly fluttering open to look at me with what could only be described as terror, it was then that I remembered I was severely damaged and probably didn't look like myself, but what could I do, I couldn't speak, couldn't tell them that it was me, I panicked and quickly grabbed y/n, pulling them into a hug.