mission failed

You arrived at the pizzaplex well before opening the next morning and surprisingly your badge still let you inside despite you not being on shift so now you were doing your best to sneak through the massive darkened building though that was nearly impossible with at least a dozen heavy shopping bags slung over your arms. a flashlight beam to the face informed you that you'd been caught near about immediately "what are you doing here?" You couldn't see through the light but you recognized Vanessa's voice "heeeeyyy Vanessa...oh y'know...maintenance things" you answered vaguely, blinking away the glare as the flashlight beam was lowered to pan over the bags in your arms "what's all of that?"
"...Maintenance...stuff?" You flashed a nervous smile which screamed 'please don't kick me out' and shockingly it worked as the night guard then stepped out of your way "be quick" she muttered, tagging on "if anything goes wrong I'll know it was you" as she walked away
With that you scurried off to the theater and made your way to the daycare attendant's room, stopping to knock on the door but receiving no response this time, so naturally you let yourself in, setting the bags by the door before looking around the darkened room but seeing no sign of the animatronic "Moon?" You walked further into the room, peering through the tunnel in the wall to see that the smaller room was pitch black inside "Moon?"
You heard a few low clicks followed by a sharp mechanical whir before two blue dots blinked into existence in the otherwise dark room "I'm up- I'm up-" the animatronic half-shouted, sounding somewhat startled "oh, sorry to bug you, your next charge must be soon" you said, climbing through the tunnel to sit in the dark room with Moon though you still couldn't see anything other than his eyes so it took you a moment to find somewhere to sit "yeah, it's tonight" Moon answered sounding quite drowsy as you felt him shift beside you for a moment before a massive hand was placed on your shoulder, gently guiding you down against his chest as he laid back again "what are you doing here so early?" He questioned, his eyes flickering slightly as if they were trying to shut back off as one of his arms rested over you lazily "I'm just here to do a little bit of work" you answered, hesitantly moving away from the animatronic and sitting up again before blindly reaching for his face in order to run your hand along the side of his faceplate "you should rest, I don't want you to drop out before you can get to your charging station"
"Stay with me?" It was phrased as a question but felt more like a demand "I'd like to but I've got work to do"
"No you don't, you're off today...can see...in..th- system" Moon muttered, barely audible towards the end as he hooked an arm around you and dragged you back down, you didn't argue, instead waiting patiently for the animatronic's eyes to flicker back off before attempting to make your escape, managing to sit up slightly and begin moving his arm off of you before you were abruptly pulled back down by both of his arms squeezing you against his chest like a teddy bear as he then turned onto his side and curled around you, thoroughly trapping you against him "Moooooonnnn" you groaned, attempting to worm away as he only held onto you more insistently, growling lowly though it was clear he was only being playful, you giggled and pushed back against his shoulders "okay fine so I don't have work but I do have things to do, I got here early for a reason and we can do this later"
With that Moon let go of you and you quickly made your way out of the smaller room and grabbed one of the shopping bags you'd left by the door before realizing that most of the things you'd bought were specifically for the currently occupied smaller room and so with a sigh you hung a few fairy lights in the larger room and returned to lay beside Moon, it wasn't like they were going to need the room until tomorrow night anyway with them having to charge tonight and you could always work on it a little bit later "okay fine, but only because I can't see in here" you muttered though Moon had gone back into power saving mode so you weren't entirely sure if he heard you, you blindly crawled under one of his arms and rested your forehead against his chest, listening to a low sort of rumble which came from within his chassis, it was unclear if he was intentionally making the noise or if it was just some sound created by his inner workings but it was calming in a way similar to how a heartbeat was, letting you know that the animatronic was alive and functioning despite his stillness

(A/n: This was not initially the full chapter but due to Wattpad's fun little delay I'm breaking it into two parts so that I can at least get SOMETHING out)