people

Your scream caught in your throat as you were abruptly pressed against the tall being and your skin was stung by icy cold metal, you struggled only for a moment before a familiar sound ripped you out of your panicked state, a low rumble coming from within the being, it was certainly less muffled and more strained than usual but you recognized it.
You listened carefully as you allowed your arms to wrap around the bare metal chassis you'd been shoved up against, feeling a mixture of different emotions settle into your chest until tears began to form in your eyes "it's you...I thought I lost you...how did you get here?" You asked, looking up at the  animatronic who you now recognized, he didn't answer directly, instead taking the fazwatch from your hand and showing it to you before setting it aside and carefully wiping away your tears as he sat and pulled you into his lap.
You remained cradled in his lap for a while, not saying anything, simply holding on to him as though your life depended on it until you finally willed yourself to speak "which...which you...are...you?" You asked, unsure how to word the question though you felt as though you already knew the answer on account of the darkened room you currently sat in, your suspicion was confirmed when you heard the low distorted chime of a music box "Moon...I missed you" you mumbled, gently placing your hand on the half of his faceplate which, while melted, had remained in place, he was quick to lean into the affection, drawing a slight smile to your lips "is Sun in there? Is he doing ok?" You asked, he nodded.
"can I talk to him?" Moon shook his head and you frowned "why not?" You asked, Moon simply shrugged and you sighed "well could I turn the light on to get a better look at you?" He nodded and you rather hesitantly got off of his lap and scurried over to the light switch, turning the lights on and quickly returning to him to see that nothing had changed as far as you could tell "still Moon?" You asked, he nodded and you began to look over him, he was missing his pants along with a majority of his plating, his limbs were in poor condition  which made you wonder how he'd even managed to walk all the way from the plex, prying open the sheet metal shell that remained of his chest plate you found that somehow a lot of his inner workings were still somewhat unaffected, the melted remains of a plastic tube reminded you about the cooling system you'd installed and you hummed "right, you were full of water" you muttered out loud though it was directed more to yourself as some sort of vague reassurance "guess the hydro cooling system was a better idea than I thought..."
Finally you pulled Moon's head down to your level, using your sleeve to wipe the smoke residue off of his eyes before turning his head to take a look at his light sensor which you found to have melted plastic over it "well that'd be the problem" you muttered, carefully picking at the plastic much to Moon's discomfort until finally you jumped back startled as all but two of Sun's rays quite suddenly sprung out, they were clearly warped from heat but didn't seem to be charred at all which told you he'd switched over before they got burnt
"y/n?" Sun muttered in a glitched voice, sounding quite disoriented "hey Sunny, you're gonna be alright now okay?" You reassured, the animatronic turned to you but looked at his hands, rubbing his fingers together before then grabbing your sleeve "s-someth- wrong...I ca-a-ant touch-... fe-el you- anything" he sounded distraught "I know Sunny, you don't really have any sensors left" you explained before reaching up to pet his rays which clearly still had working sensors as he leaned into the touch quickly and seemed to settle a bit, wrapping his arms around you rather tightly, you couldn't really tell if it was just because he'd missed you or because he couldn't properly gage pressure without his sensors "I'm gonna fix you...I promise" you reassured though you weren't entirely certain you had the money or resources to do so, you were quite suddenly knocked over and pinned to the couch as Sun went into rest mode, his motors and fans slowing as all of the strain and damage from the past week seemed to catch up to him and though his jagged metal endo was definitely somewhat uncomfortable to be pinned beneath you remained where you were and simply continued to pet his rays as with no way to check his battery levels you could only hope he'd wake up soon.

Thankfully Sun was up again in only a couple hours time, giving you the opportunity to run over to your neighbors apartment. You didn't see your neighbor often but you knew she worked part-time as a mechanic so you figured she'd have what you were looking for, her exhausted appearance upon answering the door reminded you that it was currently 4am "heeeeyyy, so sorry to wake you uh...do you happen to have a car battery charger? My um...car..battery...is low" you asked in what was undeniably the most suspicious way possible, thankfully in her barely conscious state she didn't seem to notice, simply nodding and silently walking into her apartment "s'okay, Its bout time for me to get up anyway" she muttered, pausing at her breakfast bar to hold up a cup "Coffee?" She offered, you heard a clatter from your own apartment and painted a nervous smile across your face "no no that's alright, I'm in a bit of a hurry"
She nodded with understanding and unplugged a large red battery charger from the wall to bring over to you "bring it back when you're done, I know where you live" she said with a drowsy chuckle and a playful wink, lightly nudging you shoulder "haha...right..." You replied, turning only to have your shoulder grabbed quite firmly "n good luck with that ol' car"
You quickly nodded "thanks!", With that you were set free and quickly scurried back to your apartment to find Sun sitting on the floor and sort of teetering back and forth, his eyes had become quite dim so you could tell his power was running dangerously low "did you fall over? What was that noise?" You asked, he lazily pointed towards a broken chair in your dining area "tried to lean on a chair...din work" he slurred, you were happy to hear that his voice had mostly stopped glitching but you were also eager to get him charged up before his battery actually died "y'know what, I'm not worried about it, it's just a chair" you replied, making your way over to Sun and prying his chest open, he watched with great curiosity as you worked to hook the charger up to his battery.
Sun quite suddenly began prodding your torso "wuz goin on in there?" He questioned, seeming almost drunk "organs?" You replied simply "you're meat...don have a battery...or motors...r...wires..." He stated matter-of-factly  "yeah that's technically true, I do have a stomach and muscles and nerves which are sorta similar if you think about it, though I guess the stomach is more of a fuel injection system than a battery but I have to eat if I wanna keep functioning just like you've gotta charge" you explained "you're sturdier than me though, more likely to bend than break, you can be pulled apart and put back together, repaired, rebuilt y'know...I mean I can technically be repaired too in a sense but it's not as perfect or instantaneous as it is for you"
Sun nodded along as you rambled, continuing to stare at you with fascination "we're more similar than some people are willing to admit because if you think about it we're both just complex machines, only made from different materials, it was just decided that since you were created on an assembly line instead of in a bedroom you should be treated differently" this statement seemed to hit Sun In an odd way as he carefully took your hand and studied it, manually moving your fingers to watch the bones shifting in the back of your hand before then looking to his own hand "you think I could be a person?" He questioned, you offered a smile "I think you already are"