Parting Ways

"Why are you doing all this?" Adwait finally asked Shrishti when she was arranging his cloths for laundry, he was doing his tie.

"Huh?" She asked unaware of what he was actually speaking of.

"Why are you trying to show that you are very good wife?" Adwait asked directly leaving his tie undone.

"I'm not trying to show anything" she said looking down.

"Then what are you trying to prove by doing all these things?" He asked as his tone changed.

Shrishti came to him, standing before him she was doing his tie.

"Why are you trying to prove from these many years that you can replace Prisha?"

Adwait asked as he looked at Shrishti doing his tie, he found it odd and it gave him a déjà vu feeling. He ignored it though.

"Adwait, I know I can never replace her, but give us a chance" She said to him as she looked deep in his eyes finding for some love for her.

"Your daughter has accepted me, your brother and your sister has, then why not you, I know I'm not perfect for you but I'm trying, and this all is for you" she said as she did his tie, her eyes moist.

"But I don't love you" he said as he distanced himself from her.

"Then when will you?" She asked as tears spilled out of her eyes.

Adwait was silent, for a minute, as if no voices came out of his inner self. He was clueless, he had developed some respect towards her but he was not sure about LOVE.

We all understand love, and we fall in love with many things but this love is different, it's totally different.

We fall in love with food, style, outfits, aesthetics and many other things, we love our family, our siblings but the world stops when the other person is speaking, soft music rings in your ear, you feel like this is what you are living for, these are the things you experience when you fall in love with a perfect person. This sounds so filmy, but that's true, you just need that True Love!

Unable to react at Shrishti's words Adwait walked towards the door of the room, when she stopped him.

"Adwait, stop!" She said and he stopped at his place.

"Why do you always leave our conversation in between Adwait? Ask yourself that have you given me a proper chance? Have you ever thought about me?" She asked and he turned around at her words.

"You always thought for yourself and your daughter, never in these many years you thought of me, I left my everything for you, loved your daughter as mine, tried every way to pursue your love, but what I got, that you still love your ex wife! you are so selfish Adwait, I was mad to fall in love with a selfish person as you!" She said boldly and Adwait looked down.

His eyes became red, his fingers curled into a fist as his temper went high.

"So what do you want from me, that I should love you like a wife when you yourself know that I didn't marry you by my will?" He asked as he intense gaze pierced Shrishti's soul.

"Why did you give false hopes then?" Shrishti said in a full broken slur, her eyes gave up and exploded into silent tears.

At this point of time, Adwait was speechless, looking at her broken state, he turned around.

Removing the undone tie off his collar, he threw it on the bed, he closed his eyes and calmed himself.

He went to Shrishti and held her by her shoulder.

He made her sit on the bed and wiped her tears, he didn't like tears in women's eyes, it felt like a stinging feeling in his chest.

"I'm sorry Shrishti, but you know me well" he said and looked at her.

She wiped her tears.

"Give me divorce Adwait" she said making Adwait shock.

"You don't love me, I don't want to live without your love, what kind of relationship is this?" She said looking in his eyes.

"No" he said and she nodded her head.

She held his hands in hers, looking at him.

"Adwait, I know it has been really hard for you to move on, but believe me it is way more hard for me to live with you under the same roof and behave like a stranger, I don't want this relation with you anymore" she said maintaining the eye contact.

Adwait was too stunned to react to anything.

Shrishti looked at him, raising her brows, he didn't answer, he looked down at their intervened hands and then at her.

Before be could say anything, Shrishti kept her lips on his giving him a long peck almost giving a heart attack to Adwait.

Parting away she stared at him and said,

"I'm sorry"

She got up from the bed packing her stuff.

After a minute Adwait went and hug her from behind making her freeze in her place.

Adwait turned her around hugging her tightly. Shrishti was so depressed, wrapping her arms around him made her feel comfortable.

"I free you from this relation, and I'm sorry too for not behaving as a husband, I love you always but as a friend" he said and parted the hug.

"I'll get the divorce papers ready tomorrow, I'll send it from my house" Shrishti said faking a smile without beating around the bush, clearly stating what was need, looking here and there embarrassed when she noticed the lipstick mark on his lips.

Adwait very shyly stepped forward kissing her cheek and immediately backed away.

"I'm sorry for all the trouble caused to you because of me, I'm really sorry, hope you have a great future ahead, you have been a great partner" Adwait said as he smiled at her, she too smiled at him weakly, her hurt expressions were clearly visible on her face.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Date :  20 January 2022

How was the chapter? Drop your views in the comment section.

See you in the next one, untill then
Bye bye!!

💕💕💕