Chapter 12- The club

Stefan's p.o.v

After my conversation with Stassie, I called my father.

"Hello" my dad said as he picked up

"Dad, hi" I replied with a shock to him picking up seeing it's night time in France. His voice doesn't sound tired which is throwing me off

"Stefan, my boy, it's been a while since we have last chatted." He replied with a cheery tone which confuses me even more. He forced me to stay on that island, brain washed me into thinking what I did was good and manipulated me into thinking that court was a good idea in order to get my kids back. 

"Yeah... it has been" I replied cautiously not wanting him to suspect anything. I need him to talk and reveal everything. "What up" he said

"I wanted to see if we can catch up and grab a drink" I replied while driving back to pick up Elijah.

"Sure, how about later tonight, at the club" he said throwing me off. He's in New York and he didn't tell me. Is he trying to sabotage Stassie's and I's friendship again? What is this man trying to do?

"It's not my club anymore, it's Stassie's" I replied

"Well, it is technically yours again, you guys are still married" He said making my eyebrows furrow.

"I'm sorry what?" I questioned not knowing what he said is true. He stated "since you're still alive, your marriage isn't nulled" 

"That can't be" I replied

"It is, so unless you divorce, everything she has is half of yours, the businesses, clubs, anything. You can rule again and change everything she did and fix it" He said catching me off guard. Everything he is saying doesn't make sense. He wanted me away from the mafia, now he wants me back.

"She has done an incredible job ever since she stepped up. She has done a even better job than I did" I replied snapping back at him

"Whatever you say, but I am in New York visiting your sister so how about we tonight at your club" He said emphasizing the 'your'

"Sure, I will be there at 9" i sighed regretting what I am doing

"Great, I'll see you then" he said cheerly

"Okay bye" I replied hanging up the phone. My father is confusing me and nothing is adding up anymore. I don't know what is the truth and what is the lie anymore. I finally reached the destination picking up Elijah and his friend. 

"Hi guys" I said

"Hi" they both replied. I drove them back home and dropped them off. While leaving Stassie stopped me and handed me a clicker and a key to the house which I never expected. I didn't want to bring up the call between my father and I so I got in the car and started driving home. 

Guilt was eating away and I know in order to get Stassie I have to be open with her and tell her things that affect her life. I made a u-turn and drove back to her house. I went through the main gate with the clicker and then our private gate. I parked my car and opened the door with the key. 

"Hey Madeline" I called to her as she walked by

"Yeah" she replied

"Where's your mom?" I asked needing to find her asap

"In her office" She replied

"Thank you" I said

"You're welcome" She replied. She walked away and I went towards Stassie's office not bothering to knock

"What the hell" Stassie said

"We're still married" I blurted out without thinking of the consequences