Chapter 17-nightmare

I regret many things I've done, especially dating people in my life, and taking up the role as the leader.

I am not able to sleep, whenever I close my eyes memories of seeing Ella tied up haunts me, the blood curdling scream she let out scares me. I couldn't bare to see it again, I rather not sleep then relive it. I'm on my computer, sending emails and seeing who the traitor was through the security footage. I have the list of all the guards and people working so I will find out who did it.

I see Ella start stirring around, I don't know if it's a nightmare or just her adjusting. I was on the left side, she was in the middle and Stefan on the right side. It was weird for him to be back and sleeping in this bed, I never expected to see him in this bed again. I used to dream about it all the time, cry in the pillow for him and now he's here but I don't feel the same.

I looked to see Ella gripping the blanket, moving around the bed a lot more. She let out a small whimper instantly recognizing the beginning of a nightmare that can go into a big one or turn into nothing.

I watched her to see if it is big or nothing but I was wrong. Within 5 minutes it was a big nightmare which I immediately woke her up

"Hey Ella, it's okay" I said rubbing my hand on her back.

"I'm scared" she said hugging my waist and putting her head on my stomach, something she would do when she was little.

"It's okay, I'm here, no one will ever hurt you again" I replied. I could feel tears forming which I repeatedly blinked away. I have to be strong for her and focus on her. I let her stay like this for the rest of the night, not even bothering to move if I had to pee. Eventually around 7am she moved and I got up to use the restroom and slowly get ready for the day. Every couple of minutes I checked to make sure she was still asleep. I took a very quick shower and put on some loungewear seeing I won't be back in the office for a while.

"Good morning" Stefan said scaring me. He was learning on the doorframe looking at me through the mirror

"Morning" I replied giving him a tight lip smile.

"Did you sleep after she woke up?" He asked adjusting his stance

"Yeah" I lied putting my moisturizer on and spraying my perfume

"Lies" he replied to which I turned around to, giving him a questioning look

"And how would you know?" Raising my eyebrows as I proceed to ask

"When you lie, you always avert your eyes" he said with a cocky smile, knowing he caught me. I start walking to him, taking long stride and getting on my tippy toes whispering in his ear seductively

"or maybe because I don't want to see your ugly face"

I got off my tippy toes and passed right by him, i went downstairs to make a quick breakfast. Once I put it on a plate I went back upstairs and ate it on my desk. I didn't want for Ella to wake up alone. I worked for a couple of hours, contracts, emails, shipments and more.

"Good morning" Ella said. I turned around to see her leaning on the backboard of the bed

"Good morning, how did you sleep?" I asked. I didn't expect her to talk to me after last night but I'm glad she is.

"Fine" she answered getting up from the bed.

"Let's get some breakfast" I said as I moved over to the bed. She nodded her head and we went downstairs. All of the kids are downstairs and I made them breakfast with Stefan.

"Ella, Dr. Williams will be over. You guys can have my session in my office and no one will disturb you" I said putting the plate down in front of her. The others were confused and I know they were wondering what happened to their sister but I didn't know what to tell them.