Chapter 27-New Year's Eve

"Jenna, why am I like this" I whined into the phone. I called Jenna the next morning instead of last night because I know she was going to be asleep and she doesn't get much sleep with her newborn.

"Because you missed him and you still have feelings with him and I told you so" she laughed with a mocking tone.

"Shut up, don't you have a diaper to change or something" I replied

"No, Aaron is in charge of that right now." She said

"How is the little guy, I miss Evan so much" I replied, scrolling through my phone to see a picture of Evan. He is so small and he was born on December 2nd, only 2 weeks ago.

"He misses you too" she replied as she shuffled around what I assume is in her room. "Hey, what's our new years eve plans?"

"I have no idea, I still need to figure out if the kids are doing something with their friends or if they are staying home" I replied sipping my coffee next to my bed. I needed to stop drinking coffee but knowing me I won't be able to.

"Is Ella talking to you yet?" She asked to which I let out a sigh

"Not really, it's hard with her. I mean she's being a moody teenager but I was once a moody teenager and I would talk to my parents after a day or two"

"I didn't think she would last this long. Your parents and you had a great connection when you were a teenager, I think ever since Stefan disappeared and you having to take over for him, you and her distanced a lot causing her to feel okay not talking to you. I feel like if you two were closer, she would have talked to you quicker" she replied. It made sense but I didn't want to believe it that we aren't close anymore.

"I don't know what to do anymore" I replied. Next to me was a picture of the twins, Madeline, and Anthony after Stefan left. We were just a little family together, we did everything together.

"Do some research on what she likes. If she's close with Stefan talk to him to find out more and talk to her about it." She suggested.

"Ok, I will." A notification came through my phone and I looked to see it's work. "Hey I gotta call you back, I'll figure out New Year's Eve plans and text you them. I love you, bye" I hung up the phone and looked at the notification. I grab my computer and opened it up to see my emails and start replying back.

Once I finished, I went to everyone's room and called a family meeting and even texted Stefan to come. Family meetings are important in this house and no one misses it.

"Why are we meeting?" Elijah asked as he entered the room. He sat on the couch, Ella sitting next to him and Anthony and Madeline on one couch.

"We need to discuss our new year's eve plans" I stated shifting my weight to my right leg.

"I'm going to my friends house" Elijah spoke up and Ella followed him too "I'm going to my friends house too" She said not making eye contact with me.

"Okay, Madeline?" I asked

"I didn't have any" she replied

"That's fine, do you want to go to a friends house?" I asked to which she shrugged her shoulders.

"Okay, well I will be having my family over so if you want to bring any friends over or if you want to go to their house just let me know" I stated looking at all of them, including Ella. They all nodded or quickly said yes

"Is that all?" Elijah asked looking bored.

"Yeah, you're free to go" I replied waving my arm for them indicating they can leave. They all got up and went to their room.