Chapter 30-Sewing with Madeline

Waking up the next morning with a hang over makes me want to die. Last night I drank the pain away from retiring and now I regret it. I slowly got out of the bed but a wave of nauseous hit and I rushed to my bathroom to throw up last night into the toilet. I threw up everything and I sat up against the wall, my head hanging low, not wanting to bring it up because it was too much work. After sitting here for 10 minutes, I decided to get up and head downstairs to grab coffee. I made myself coffee and grabbed some strawberries knowing I will throw up if I have anything else.

"Good morning" Stefan chirped as he entered the kitchen

"Morning" I mumbled back washing my fruit

"Last night that bad?" He questioned letting out a little laugh but trying to contain it.

"Stop laughing, I know you would also be like this if you just retired" I scolded him

"You're not wrong" he shrugged and grabbed the bottle of premade juice. "So what are your plans for your first day of retirement?"

"No idea yet, maybe declutter my life, starting with you" I replied with a sarcastic tone

"That sounds like an amazing plan, tell me when you do" He mocked my tone, nodding his head. I rolled my eyes and headed upstairs with my coffee and fruit and took my medicine. I ate my food and drank my coffee in peace and then decided to shower and feel refreshed. Once I was done, I went inside my closet to see it is a giant mess that needs to be clean. I think that is what I am going to do today.

I grab some shorts and a shirt and put my hair up. I went downstairs to grab some trash bags and went back upstairs to start the process. I put some music on that I haven't listened for a very long time and started decluttering my closet. As I was going through I didn't realize how much clothes I had that I don't wear anymore or don't fit me anymore. I have filled 3 bags filled with things I can donate but fashion is constantly changing so I'm going to keep it in the garage to see if Ella wants any.

I spent the majority of my day going through my closet until I realized it was dinner time. I went downstairs to hear laughter from my kids and Stefan. As I approached the table the laughter died down and it was just awkwardness now.

"Keep talking, don't let me interrupt it" I insisted as I grabbed a plate and put my food in it. I sat down at my chair and started eating it. Stefan was talking to Elijah about something I didn't know so I was getting lost in the conversation

"How was everyone's day?" I asked changing the conversation. I didn't hear much besides a couple of goods but anthony said something different

"It was so much fun, we did this cool volcano project and my volcano went so high, like this tall" he demonstrated by standing up on his chair and raised his hand in the air as high as he can.

"Anthony sit back down, you're going to get hurt" I said

"No I won't, look how tall it was" He replied

"Anthony sit down now" I scolded but he continued to not listen and I knew he was going to lose his balance if he didn't sit down

"Anthony, come on bud, sit down please" Stefan said

"Fine" he sighed, listening to stefan and sat back down. My kid won't even listen to me but would listen to Stefan who he has known for a year.

"Ella, I went through my closet and I have put in bags clothes that will fit you if you want to take a look. Fashion is constantly changing and I think the clothes would look great on you" I directed the conversation to her, hoping it will be better than anthony's and I

"No thank you, I don't need old peoples clothes" She replied

"Well if you change your mind, they will be in the garage" I said putting on a fake smile, pretending what she said doesn't hurt.