His name is Remus, mom

Orion and his friends met up every Wednesday to golf. What Orion did on the days in between, Sirius barely knew, but he was learning- that was part of his fathers' agreement. 

Here's how his week went so far:

Thursday 8 am- 10 am: meeting with BLK INC board of directors. Sirius was wildly disappointed when his father introduced him as 'Sirius, my son who's visiting for a while and getting an idea of what life is like around the business'. The meeting was exactly as exciting as Sirius was anticipating. The board met bi-weekly, and their interactions were relatively informal; people addressed his father as Orion and spent an unregulated amount of time sharing pleasantries and drinking milky coffee. Sirius was largely a silent observer, but he couldn't help but imagine himself at the head of the table. He would probably operate differently than his father, who in Sirius' opinion had gone a little soft since his diagnosis.

Thursday 11 am- 1 pm: luncheon with District Representatives. The pre-lunch part of the meeting was a monthly debrief on sales and new contacts acquired. Lunch was more networking than it was social. The dynamic between district reps was quite interesting, Sirius thought, as they seemed to be very politely one-upping each other at every turn. They also seemed to identify Sirius as the person to impress, which was flattering at first, but Sirius was ultimately relieved when lunch was over and his father started his incentives presentation, which rightfully captured the attention of the reps.

Thursday afternoon consisted almost entirely of meetings with new investors that Orion was trying to secure at the beginning of the fiscal year. Sirius was bored for almost every minute of it. He was practiced in these types of meetings, so he let his mind wander when he should have been paying attention. In almost each of the meetings, his mind wandered to one very specific thing... well, person. He couldn't stop thinking about Remus- the young bartender at the golf club. The anticipation was building for Sunday when his dad was taking him and his brother to the club for a game. Would Remus be there? How would Remus act when Orion's friends weren't there intimidating him?

Sirius decided to spend Friday with his mother. She did always hate when Orion worked himself senseless, and Sirius would not make a good impression on her by following in his father's footsteps in his first week home.

When Sirius was a kid, Walburga was like his best friend. He was very much a momma's boy, and he was proud of it. Sirius had a rough go in middle school and the beginning of high school. He didn't have the social tact to keep the fact that he liked boys a secret, and his classmates loved to bully him for it. Sirius had a major glow-up over the summer before his junior year. He came back to school hot and sleeping with the captain of the football team. Frank  Longbottom was a year ahead of him in school, and very much out since the beginning of that summer. Sirius was more than happy to be paraded around by him- to wear his jersey, to cheer him on at his games, to kiss him on the sidelines, and to be toted around to parties. Sirius loved him, and for a year, everything was perfect. They ended things amicably when Frank went to college. He's married now, and Sirius was even invited to the wedding- he didn't go considering he was plenty busy with work in Brussels, but he sent a nice card.

Through everything, Walburga was there for Sirius, and he told her everything about his life. She was his best friend and his confidant- the person who held him as he cried every Sunday night because he dreaded the thought of going back to school and the person who swooned over him and Frank while they took pictures for homecoming, winter formal, and prom. Walburga was the only person Sirius trusted with some of his biggest secrets, and it felt wrong keeping Remus from her.

After treating his mother to an expensive brunch, Sirius decided to broach the topic. "Mom?"

"Yes, dear?" Walburga sipped on her mimosa with her attention turned from her phone to her son.