What about Remus?

Sirius never wanted to be his father. He didn't even want his father's job, and he really thought that Orion would never relinquish his role, but here Sirius was. He'd been home for 3 weeks and was responsible for about 25% of his father's duties in BLK INC. The company supplied paper products to organizations around the country. Sirius thought it was boring as hell. His father let him take over the finances since Sirius was practically trained in them. Next week he was going to be taking over his father's marketing and branding tasks. And the week after that, he'd be completely transitioned into the CEO position after his father announced the transition at the board meeting.

He wasn't nervous, really. If anything, Sirius was excited about the prospect of making changes. He quietly observed the business for the first couple of weeks, and he already had a list of things he wanted to do differently. The first thing he'd do was get them a different office space. He hated not having a window in his office and the field of grey cubicles on the floor in front of him was depressing. They needed a new space where creativity would actually be fostered. There was one office space in downtown Boulder that Sirius was interested in and he had a meeting with the property manager before his appointment at the dealership later today.

Since Preston sent Sirius away, Sirius hadn't seen him outside of their tee-time with his dad. Sirius missed him, really he did. Preston was nice and comfortable and made Sirius feel nostalgic, but Sirius didn't have real feelings for him outside of genuine human concern and physical attraction. God, Sirius missed Dolf. He loved Dolf more than he ever loved anyone else and it crushed him that Dolf never loved him like that.

He saw Remus here and there, but Remus wasn't interested. Remus hardly looked at him since they talked before Sirius met with James. Maybe it was all in Sirius' head, but he really had though that there was a spark with Remus. Or maybe it was all just because it was Remus' job to treat his customers like that. Walburga, Sirius' mother, was ever persistent that Sirius pursue Remus, even though Sirius told her that Remus wasn't interested. She wanted to know exactly when Remus had said he wasn't interested, to which Sirius had to admit that Remus hadn't actually told him that. Walburga smugly reminded Sirius that he couldn't possibly definitively say that Remus wasn't interested if Remus hadn't actually said those words.

Sirius' calendar notification chimed and reminded him that he needed to leave for his appointment with the property manager who was renting the office space Sirius was interested in. He stuck his head in his dad's office on his way out to say goodbye.

The property he saw was nice, but he was much more excited about his meeting with the dealership and he practically counted down the minutes as he walked around the beautiful office space. It met his expectations and exceeded them in some regards, so he was comfortable moving forward with signing the lease. He just hoped that the, soon to be his, employees would be okay with the move.

He became a little nervous as he approached the dealership. He wasn't so much worried about getting a good deal or the expenses involved, but he was already worried about Remus' reaction to the vehicle. Would it be one he wanted? Would it serve him well? Sirius tried to squash his anxiety as he test drove the vehicle. It seemed luxurious compared to what he'd seen Remus driving before, with a backup camera, remote start, DVD players for the bucket seats in the middle row, and bluetooth to name a few of the features, Sirius though Remus would like it.

He paid in full that day and arranged for it to be delivered to the club. He texted James to loop him in before he left the dealership.

There was a text from Preston when Sirius finished his test drive, asking him to swing by for a drink when he had a chance and since Sirius didn't want to go back to his lonely apartment, he decided to make his way to the club.