okay, Sirius

If Sirius was being a wreck at work, it was only because he knew what was ahead of him in just about 48 hours. He was an over thinker, and Remus was consuming every thought he had.

His date with Remus barhopping was perhaps the best one they'd had. They finally talked about what felt like big things. To some people, maybe most people even, they were moving way too fast. Sirius understood though, that the steaks were a little higher here. He knew that Remus would not be wasting his time dating for the hell of it. Remus told him that whatever they were doing they had to be doing it because they wanted a future together and Siris did really want a future with him.

He dreamed of the house and the kids in the front porch and the big backyard and now when he dreamed it, Remus was there too.

Even though Sirius knew that this would move fast if it moved anywhere at all, he was still surprised at how seamlessly it seemed he and Remus fit together. After a month and a half they shared countless inside jokes and cherished time together like it would one day be taken away.

Remus was everything and while that did scare Sirius, he was more excited now than he was anxious. He committed to himself that no matter what he would fight for Remus- he would fight for them to be together and to build a life. And even though Remus told Sirius that he should dictate the path and the pace, Sirius knew that there were some hard limits. Remus would dictate when Sirius got to meet the kids and Remus would dictate when Sirius  got to learn those hard things about him.

And Sirius was aching to know those things- he wanted to know who it hurt Remus so that he might never hurt him like that again and he wanted to understand why Remus, at 23 years old, was responsible for a little family of children; maybe even more so Sirius  wanted to know what those children would mean to him. He saw the future with Remus and those kids and he just wanted to start living in.

The Monday morning after their outing Sirius was buzzing with unspent energy. It honestly wasn't fair the effect Remus had on him, he batted his eyelashes one time and Sirius had to exert all restraint not to drag him into the dingy bar bathroom so he could finally fuck him.

But he had a plan now. And while Sirius wasn't really into rough sex, he knew that he wouldn't be okay sleeping with Remus and then not seeing him for days. He knew that he would want to check in on Remus the day after they were together. It wasn't because Sirius was worried about physical ramifications, but because he wanted to protect Remus and care for him and make sure that he felt secure and safe, and to do that he needed to be around him even if it was just sitting at the bar shooting the shit with a bunch of old men. Remus would be there and Sirius could make sure he was still okay.

That also meant that Sirius would have to wait until Tuesday night to finally take Remus home.

After work on Tuesday Sirius went to the club to sit and wait for Remus, he hoped he wasn't coming off as weird, but his perpetual fidgeting was probably giving away his impatience.

"Do you want something to drink, Sirius?" Remus asked him in a small voice.

"No, thanks though. I'm just impatient," he laughed softly. "Is it weird that I'm here? Waiting for you? Because I could go and just come back to pick you up."

"Is that what you want?" Remus gazed at him, "I like having you here but I could understand if you wanted to go."

"I like being here. I'm just worried that I seem predatory," he laughed again, "like I'm waiting for you to step away from your herd so I can attack."

Remus laughed too, "well don't worry, I don't feel like that's what's happening at all. Having you here makes me feel reassured."

That made Sirius smile, he wanted to be that person for Remus. He was a protector- someone who cared for and provided for the people they love. "I'm really glad you feel that way," he told Remus, "and for the record, I can't fucking wait until later tonight."