Sirius, hi

Four years, almost four years Remus had worked at the country club filled with attractive, well-off, interested men. He batted his eyelashes and flirted with them when it seemed like they appreciated the attention, but he never, ever caught feelings.

Never.

That was his one rule. It was harder in the beginning when he so badly wanted to be whisked off his feet by some powerful man who could write a check and fix all of his problems. Remus knew that being helped like that could change his life, could change the life of all of his siblings, but money would never be enough. He wanted to be loved and cherished, but the men whose interest he drew in this clubhouse didn't want to love and cherish him, he knew that.

Now he was asking himself why interacting with one very attractive man was shaking him, hard.

"That your friends, ReRe?" Remus smiled at his little sister in the rearview mirror as Sirius backed his luxury car out of Remus' way.

"He golfs here honey, remember we talked about what I do at work right?"

The young girl nodded, "you help them!"

"Right, okay," he spun in his seat and surveyed the three children. Ava, the oldest of the three was 4, almost 5, and the only one amongst them with any real knowledge of Remus's job. The two others, Asher (3) and Max (14 months) had no real idea of why they spent all day in a sparsely populated daycare. Remus was more worried about when fall came around and Ava had to adjust to a school schedule instead of being up each day until bar close. This was certainly no life for a child, but the money was good, and there were certain incentives to working at the club, childcare was one. "Let's go home."

Home was nothing extravagant, but it was home and it served them well enough- it was in a good school district and no one had to share a room with more than one person. The lights were easy enough to keep on given Remus' income and the shared spaces were nice enough for the nine of them.

Reums loved his siblings, really he did; being principally responsible for all eight of them wasn't how he imagined spending his twenties, but it was okay. The oldest of his siblings, Liam, was 17 and he begrudgingly helped care for his siblings. Remus hated putting so much responsibility on the young man's
shoulders, but there was unfortunately no way around the dilema. Remus put Max and Asher to sleep in their room and then deposited Ava in the one she shared with with Sophie. He stuck his head into the next bedroom and saw Kevin and Kade, twins, sleeping soundly.

He made his way to his own room, only to find his bed populated by Liam. Liam and Parker must have fought again, that or Parker was adamant on playing video games when he should have been sleeping. Remus couldn't blame Liam for not wanting to deal with that when he was trying to sleep.

Instead of sending Liam back to his own room, Remus changed into his pajamas in the bathroom and set himself up to sleep on the couch.

Three hours later, Sophie and the twins woke him because they wanted to watch cartoons before school. Remus smiled at them and was happy to tune in their request. He needed to get up anyways and pack lunches before he made breakfast.

Liam padded into the kitchen just over an hour later.

"You look like shit," Remus told him, and Liam did. He was sweaty and pale and shivering in his sweats.

Liam glared at him, "I'm fine."

"You're sick. Go back to bed."

"No," Liam stepped around him a poured himself a cup of coffee. "There are literally 5 days of school left, and I can't miss one more. I'll be fine, just go back to bed."