I remember where your room is.

⚠️ TW: NONCONSENSUAL ENGAGEMENT - REMUS' NO IS DISREGARDED (on page, nothing further than a kiss - more implied off page) ⚠️

Finally, fucking finally, Remus felt like he had some peace. He'd been confused about his feelings for months, but he finally decided to listen to his heart and ignore his head because he did love Sirius.

He loved Sirius so much and he needed to push his worries aside because Sirius wasn't Travis. He hadn't once acted like Travis and Remus never once felt afraid of Sirius like he did with Travis. Now he just hoped that he could help Liam gain some confidence. He knew Liam was a generally mistrusting person, but he'd flipped a switch so suddenly it nearly gave Remus whiplash. One minute everything was fine and Liam was excited to be a part of decision making and the next he hated Sirius and everything he stood for.

"Are you going into work tomorrow?" Remus asked while he laid curled against Sirius in their bed. Max no longer shared their room since Walburga had dug out Sirius and Regulus' old nursery stuff and set it back up, so they didn't have to worry about waking him.

"Yeah..." Sirius trailed his fingers along Remus' thigh, "the warehouse finally gets up and running so I'm pretty tied up with that. I'm excited for the new inventory system and web store, though."

"That's good," Remus slipped his leg between Sirius', "do you think we can make a date night happen sometime next week? Even if it's just a walk around the block or something... I want to try to blend the parts of me I thought could never coexist. I want to do something for myself and have time for just the two of us."

"Sure," Sirius sounded genuinely happy, "I'm going to do my best not to have late nights at work, and I promise that I'll be home early enough at least one day to take you on a date. Are you open to me planning something?"

"Really?" Remus shifted a little so he could see Sirius' face, "I'd love that," he smiled.

"Good"

Remus leaned forward and kissed him. "We should fill out the planner tomorrow."

"Definitely," Sirius surged forward now for another kiss. He shifted their positions just enough that Remus laid with his back to the mattress now and Sirius propped himself above him.

"I'm going to have to go clean the house one night, too. I talked to your mom and she's okay to watch the kids tomorrow so I think I'll get started on it."

"Okay," Sirius kissed him again.

"And I'm going to talk to Liam and hopefully he'll get over himself."

"Is there anything I can do?"

Remus watched Sirius' eyes dance across his face before he reached up and tucked a rogue piece of hair back behind Sirius' ear. "I don't think so. He just needs time and I think my new confidence in us will help him."

"I'm so glad we talked today," Sirius kissed him briefly, "I know it was hard but seeing that we were able to do that and work through it makes me so hopeful for our future."

Remus nodded, "I know I said I wasn't sure when we talked earlier, but I get more certain by the minute... I'm so fucking in love with you," he grinned and then shuddered when he felt Sirius' fingers ghosting across the skin under his t-shirt. He watched Sirius smile and lean in to kiss his neck, but then Remus closed his eyes and let himself just be present in the moment.

:/

He woke the next morning to a text from Travis. He wanted to meet up later in the day and the notion of it made dread build in Remus' stomach. He rolled out of bed in search of Sirius.