Lupin, Remus Lupin

"I know I said your van needed service, but this is a whole facelift." Sirius grinned at Remus' surprised reaction. For Sirius, Sunday at 3:30 couldn't come quick enough and he wasn't a minute late. When he pulled into the parking lot, he immediately noticed Remus rummaging through the van Sirius had purchased.

Remus smiled too, "it's new, someone donated it to the club and they raffled it off to us." He blushed, "I'm still getting used to it- I just got it yesterday."

"The kids like it?"

That gave Remus pause, "don't know," he shut the door quickly, "I haven't showed them yet. Anyways, let's get out of here."

Sirius thought that the smile Remus flashed him was a little fabricated, but he chose to ignore it for now. He held out his hand and Remus took it, Sirius lead them across the parking lot to his car where he opened the passenger door for Remus.

"Thanks," Remus said.

Sirius smiled, "door coming shut." He winked once at Remus through the window and jogged around the car and got in. Nerves fluttered in his stomach when he looked over and saw Remus watching him; he flashed him a nervous smile. "Hi."

"Hi," Remus indulged him, "what do you have planned for me today?"

"For us, I have quite the plan."

"You do?"

Sirius backed out of his parking stall and rounded the parking lot before pulling out of the property. "I do," he nodded.

"Am I dressed okay?" Remus tugged at his trousers.

Sirius looked him over intently. Remus was wearing his work pants- very well fitting black trousers and a loose fitting grey knit sweater. "You look great," he grinned wolfishly, "I always think you look great." Remus smiled back at Sirius, which was encouraging. "But, I'm not going to tell you anything until it happens."

"Hmm okay... so what is happening right now?" Remus trailed his fingers around the edge of the window.

"Coffee," Sirius pulled up to a stop light, "from my favorite shop." When Remus didn't respond, Sirius' nervousness came back in full force. What if Remus didn't like what he had planned? What if Remus didn't even want to be out with him?

"I'm glad we're doing this," Remus said a little while later.

"Me too," some of Sirius' anxiety abated. "At anytime if you want to go, we'll drop whatever we're doing and I'll take you back to the club."

Remus sighed, but when Sirius looked over, he was smiling. "Sirius, if I didn't want to be here, I wouldn't have agreed to it."

"Okay," Sirius slowed in front of the cafe and pulled into an empty spot before he killed the ignition, got out, and sprinted around to get Remus' door.

"Thank you- oh!" Remus startled when Sirius' placed his hand in the small of his back to guide him to the door.

Sirius immediately removed his hand, "sorry," he said quickly, "too much?"

"No, it's okay," Remus smiled softly.

"You ever been here?" Sirius decided against returning his hand. Instead he nodded towards the door and took a step towards it in tandem with Remus. He opened the door for his date and then followed him in. "Register is to the right."

Remus turned and saw the register Sirius was referring to. Behind it was a lengthy drink menu. "Um, what do you recommend," he turned to Sirius briefly and then back to the board.

"I've got you," Sirius guided him forward with a hand between his shoulders. "Hi," he greeted the young woman behind the register. "Two 16 ounce turtle mochas, please."