Chapter 17

"Dude," Harry ran his hand over his face. "It's been three days, get the fuck out of bed."

"She left," her words were muffled by the pillow covering her face. "She hasn't returned any of my calls and isn't responding to my texts either,"

"Maybe because she wants space, dumbass! But you can't keep moping around like this. You're starting to reek of regret and whiskey."

Camila groaned into the pillow. "Leave me alone, Harry. Let a woman die in peace."

"Oh my God," Harry said under his breath. "I can't believe you're acting like this right now,"

"Mila..." Shawn set the glass of water down on the nightstand. "Maybe you'll see her at Normani's party,"

"I always forget your friends with the enemy now," Camila finally sat up. "You just love to be their fucking hairstylist, huh?"

"It's my job," Shawn rolled his eyes. "And she didn't say no when I asked if you could come along. That must be a good sign, right?"

Harry nodded. "Shawn has a point. Maybe Normani can help you win her back, but there are a few other things you have to do before going tonight."

"Like?"

"I don't know, maybe admit that you fell face first for Lauren Jauregui," Harry picked at his nails while he spoke calmly.

"Are you doing shrooms again?" Camila threw her head back as she laughed. "Jesus, Harry, thank you for that. I needed that laugh."

"I'm being serious," Harry glared at her. "You're acting like somebody just fucking ripped your heart out and chargrilled it on the highest temperature all because she's ignoring you. When's the last time you acted like this? Never!"

"She has a fucking contract that could ruin my entire life in seconds! Sorry if I'm on edge about her ignoring me."

"Shawn, could you give us a second?" Harry pursed his lips, waiting to hear the bedroom door shut behind him before continuing. "There's nothing wrong with liking her, you know that, right?"

"Of course, I know that, dipshit! Except this isn't about me liking her. Because I don't." Camila huffed in annoyance. "This is about her being a brat and wanting me to kiss her ass,"

"Your eyes do that thing,"

"What fucking thing?"

Harry tilted his head to the side, a coy smile on his face. "Every time you talk about her, your eyes just... Get warmer."

"You seriously need to lay off the drugs," Camila tossed the covers off of her body and headed to freshen herself up in the master bathroom. "I mean it this time,"

"You drive her to work," Harry held out one finger. "You bring her lunch almost every other day," he put out a second. "And you talk about her even when nobody brings her up," his third finger joined the other two.

"And? What does that have to do with anything?" She held her toothbrush underneath the warm water for a split second to wet it. "Friends do that,"

"Do friends hold hands and kiss each other?"

"That's different. We're supposed to make everyone believe that we're together."

Harry rested one hand on his hip. "So, you've never thought about kissing her when it's just the two of you?"

-

"Camila!" Lauren squealed as the dark-haired woman chased her around the penthouse with her soapy hands. "Stop it!"