Chapter 21

"Merry Christmas!" Lauren popped up in front of Camila's face with a cookie she had just finished frosting.

Camila rubbed her eyes tiredly. "It's ten o'clock in the morning,"

"Don't tell me you're being grumpy on Christmas day,"

"No," her lips curled up into a smile. "How could I possibly be so grumpy when you're here with me?"

"Good, because everybody is already up and waiting for you." Lauren matched her smile and tugged her into the kitchen where the entire Jauregui family is helping themselves to slices of fragrant french toast.

Camila greeted them all, pouring herself a cup of orange juice as she leaned in to whisper. "You're in a better mood,"

"How could I not be when you're here with me?"

"Touché,"

"Hey," Chris giggled, holding up Lauren's phone. "Look over here,"

The couple tore their eyes away from each other, their cheeks flushing red when they realize he's taking a picture of them.

"Chris, stop being fucking annoying," Lauren's cheeks flames a bright red.

"It's a mistletoe," Taylor piped up out of nowhere, dangling it over their heads with a devious grin on her face. "You know what that means,"

"I think you owe me a kiss," Camila seemed unfazed.

"You haven't brushed your teeth,"

The dark-haired woman flashed her pearly white teeth. "I already did, actually. Mouthwash and all."

Camila bumped their noses together lightly before pressing a feather-light kiss to the raven-haired woman's lips, the cackles and giggles of her siblings making it all worthwhile.

"See? Told you I brushed them."

Lauren slapped her upper arm, shoo'ing both of them away from the stove where the eggs were starting to sizzle and crackle. "Get away from me. Both of you!"

Camila quickly complied a plate, helping herself to numerous servings of french toast and bacon. Once she was finished with her breakfast, she made her way around the kitchen—cleaning up all of the ingredients Lauren used to cook for them.

They took a short break after they finished cleaning before Lauren insisted on getting ready for dinner, claiming that with how many family members were coming over later, it'd be a big feast. Camila mainly spent her time admiring the professor running around the kitchen frantically, but she occasionally passed her a few seasonings and some other things.

"Can you open the oven?" Lauren finished covering the ham in foil.

Camila hopped down from her comfortable seat on the kitchen counter, opening up the oven so that the professor could place the ham inside.

"You know... Christmas is about opening gifts, not making ham."

"Would you rather Chris or Taylor be in charge of dinner?" Lauren gave her a pointed look which resulted in Camila frowning. "That's what I thought. Besides, I thought I told you not to get me a gift."

"Yeah, but you got me a gift. It wouldn't be fair if I didn't get you one back."

Lauren froze in place. "How'd you know I got you something?"

"I found small pieces of wrapping paper in the trash can," Camila said, chuckling. "I was going to get you something either way, but... It feels nice when the energy is reciprocated."

"Don't Harry and Shawn get you gifts?"

"I already have everything I want, so, nobody really ever gets me anything." The dark-haired woman stole a green bean when Lauren isn't looking.