Chapter 34

((A week later the following Saturday))

****Sonny's POV****

Nina's been missing for a week and I've slept maybe 30 minutes a night since then.
I feel like I'm partially to blame for this and not knowing if she's dead or alive.

Alex hasn't showed back at the hospital and we figured out that he had a son in the group Nina was attending.
His name is Derrick and he's no where to be found either.
When the police showed up at Alex's house Saturday after we discovered he took off with Nina, his house had been cleared-like no one had ever lived there.

I'm still on medical leave but Nick brought me to the precinct, everyone is looking tirelessly trying To find my daughter. I sat in my office looking around.

I was brought back to a memory.

"Sonny what made you want to become a detective?"
Nina asked looking up from playing on her Nintendo switch that the squad came together to get her, while she was sitting on the couch here in my office

"I wanted to help people and make a difference in the city or wherever I would end up working."
I told her

"How did you know I was lying that day at the school?"
She asked

"We get special training to know especially when someone's being abused or struggling with any addictions. I could see it all over your face."
I said to her

Nina came over to me and sat on my lap And wrapped her arm around my neck

"You saved my life and I hope that I get to stay with you."
Nina said

"I'll always be here and I know that when they can get it through the courts, I'll be able to get full custody of you."
I said to her

"If my brother was still alive, would you have adopted him?"
Nina asked

"Yes, I would have."
I told her

She wrapped her arms Around me and hugged me

"I'm glad I have you."
She said

I was brought back to reality when Olivia came in And shut the door behind her

"Nick hasn't slept much either but he said you told him you've only slept maybe 30 minutes a night."
Olivia said

"Yeah, I can't...I feel like I am to blame for all this."
I said looking down

"Carisi, you are not to blame at all. First of all get that thought out of your head. You are and have been a great dad. You love that little girl and everyone sees it."
Olivia said

"She OD'd on Xanax in our home, how did I not know she had it?"
I said stressed

"Speaking of that..."
Olivia said

"What?!"
I said

Olivia took a deep breath

"One of the kids in the group talked to Kat this past Thursday and told her they seen  Derrick give Nina a bag with something in it, the kid reported believing it was pills."
Olivia said

"Are you serious?!"
I said getting angry

"I'm sorry Carisi."
Olivia said

I took a deep breath and looked down

****Nina's POV****

I've been here a week and I say here, I have no idea where here is.
Alex keeps all the doors locked, even the windows.
I walked into the kitchen of this house I guess that I'm at and got sad, I missed Uncle Nick making me food and eating take out.