Chapter 45

****Sonny's POV****

It's Saturday the day after Nina's trial with Alex.
Amanda, Nina, Nick, Elliot, Kathleen, Noah, Olivia, Finn, and myself are spending the day at the beach.

Amanda and I was hanging out together
And I happen to glance up and seen Nina sneaking up on Nick being encouraged by Finn to do it.
Nick was laying on a chair with his sunglasses on in his words "relaxing."
Nina Threw a bucket of water on him Causing him to jump up

Nina screamed playfully and began to run as Nick chased her and picked her up and tossed her in the ocean

I was snickering watching it

"I'd be lying if I didn't say this, but I never thought honestly Nina and I would make it this far."
I said

"Sonny I remember your first day at SVU, you come a long way..and I think you being a dad has made you an even better person."
Amanda said

"It's still weird to think I didn't know about her all this time and then we go to the school for the presentation and run into her.
You know Donald gets out in a year, and I'm wondering how things will go with that."
I said

"Are you going to let her see him?"
Amanda asked

"She'll be 14 then, but I don't plan too. She doesn't talk about him or ask, I don't bring it up. But I hoped he wouldn't start anything when he gets out."
I said

"Well if he does know we got your back."
Amanda said grabbing my hand and holding it smiling

I got butterflies and I smiled back

"Do you think you'd ever want more kids?"
Amanda said

"I don't know you know I've thought about it, but I feel like I'm still catching up on time missed with Nina, but can't lie if it happened I'd be alright with it."
I smiled

"Hey dad look at this sand castle Finn, Nick and I built."
Nina yelled as she smiled real big

"That's so great!"
I smiled giving her a thumbs up

"She's so cute."
Amanda said

"I know."
I smiled

****Nina's POV****

It's Monday, I'm back at school today. I missed all last week due to the trial, but got everything caught up and finished.

"Thanks Timothy for letting me get this stuff into you late."
I said

"Not a problem Nina, I'm glad everything went well it sounds like."
He smiled

"Yeah, I'm glad it's over."
I said

"Hey, if you ever need to talk or you need an ear to Listen. I may not have all the answers or know what to say but I'm here."
Timothy said

"Thanks, I really appreciate that."
I smiled

I sat down in a chair next to him at his desk

"It's been a long year for you hasn't it?"
Timothy asked

"Yes. Very much so."
I said taking a deep breath

"Have you ever thought about telling your story to others?"
Timothy asked

"Yeah, but I've actually never told anyone else besides the courts, people that work in the courts, Noah, and my dad."
I said

"Well I'm free now if you'd like to tell someone about it, you've been through a-lot, I can tell and I know you got a story that can help others."
Timothy said

"Yes."
I smiled

"Let me tell you all about it."
I said

I told Timothy my life story from beginning until now pretty much told him everything.
He smiled, and nodded his head and listened. You could tell her listened to every word and didn't judge. I couldn't stop, but it felt good to tell someone about it.

"That's one hell of a story Nina."
Timothy said wiping his tear filled eyes

About that time Sonny came into the classroom

"Hey Nina."
He smiled

"Hey dad."
I smiled

"Your daughter just told me her story and I truly moved."
Timothy said

I stood up from the chair and went to my dad

Sonny picked me up and smiled at me

"She's amazing, and my life is better with her in it now. Life has a funny way of bringing people together."
Sonny said

"I had a daughter that I didn't even know I really had, and I'm glad it was her."
Sonny smiled hugging me

"She's a special person."
Timothy said

"Yes, and I know her mom would be so proud."
Sonny smiled a few tears falling down his face

A few tears fell  down my face

I hugged my dad and he hugged me back

"I love you Nina Carisi."
Sonny said

"I love you Sonny Carisi."
I said

THE END