Chapter 1 : A Cop Behind Bars

This is the Happy New Year version. I wish friends, family and fans a blissful New Year.
Enjoy the Chapter 2 of this great story and feel free to comment and/or inbox me for corrections and/or suggestions.
Love you all😍😍😍😍

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††
Archer had started to sweat. How would he be accused so easily?

"Oh, you want to beat me, kill me like you did to Amanda?" Collins exclaimed. "Sure, go on and kill me then rot in jail" Collins said as he made his way out of the office.

Looking around, Archer realised that everyone had started to leave, except for Hailey, Mr. Andy and himself.

"Archer" he started "you don't have to stress yourself too much, quickly get your jacket and prove them all wrong". He sucked a breath. "But the way you're reacting, it looks like you're afraid" Mr. Andy concluded, patting his shoulders and going out too.

"Archer, you have to take things easy, okay??" Hailey said on her way out.

"Is this how things fall apart? How can Mr. Andy not believe me? I have to bring my jacket firsthand and disgrace them" Archer soliloquizes and decides to go home to get his jacket.

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

On getting home, he saw his door wide open, he brought out his gun, he got in to see his house in turmoil, everything had been scattered. He swiftly opened his wardrobe, only to find his jacket missing. "Arghh" he shouted in agony, "what am I to do?" he said as his voice starts to fade". How will I prove it that I'm not the murderer?".

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

At the NPD.

"We've all been waiting 30 minutes now, and he's not here yet". Veronica said as all officers except Archer sat round.

"We've had enough". Collins added. "I told you earlier, he's the murderer, there's no cause for doubt".

"Sir, you're not talking at all, your silence is awkward" Jude said in response to Mr. Andy's silence.

"I don't think it's Archer, he's a patriotic officer" Mr. Andy while smoking profusely finally added to the discussion.

"It's getting solved, the puzzle is getting solved, he found the newspaper, he found the cigarettes" Lily said.

"He doesn't do cigarettes, so I don't know how you can relate him to someone who smokes" Hailey cuts in.

"You've not confessed to the team what's between the both of you, that made you see the truth but yet decide not to say it" Lily said.

Hailey could only keep quiet, or she'd be the next in line for crucifixion. The next minute had a rough looking Archer in hand cuffs, entering with two hefty constables dragging him in. The drama got Mr. Andy on his feet.

"Shane" mentioning one of the officers' name, "who gave you this order?" He asked.

"Mr. Mendy did give us the order, he called us ten minutes ago and knowing that he's second to you in command, we assumed it was your wish as well". Shane explained.

"So you made an arrest without a warrant?" Hailey asked.

"Ok, Mr. Archer, the all righteous cop, tell us you're not the murderer and where your jacket is" Collins said.

"We met his house in a mess, it was as if he was searching for something, his house was scattered" Shane explained.

"So, your excuse is that your jacket flew away, like out of the country" Collins said laughing cynically and points his hands up to the sky.