Chapter 9 : Mendy's Forfeiture

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"I've heard about your prowess when it comes to taking photographs" Detective Kiara sitting opposite Michael Jimson and Bill Findley in the investigation suite, "but I'll like you to remember that your talent can rot in jail with you". She took a glass of water to calm the pressure of her first investigation.

"Madam, you should release me, it's clear that I have no involvement in this mayhem" Mr. Findley the CEO of Findley Fashion Company laments.

"Mr. Findley, I can determine your justification if you can make your worker confess" Kiara replied the old man.

"Madam, Michael is a hard type, even when he gets jobs from the company, he'll keep the money to himself and he'll never own up to the fact that he's wrong" Mr. Findley explained.

"Then I bet he knows that this is a do or die affair not the company's job, he must tell us all he knows about the matter. Carrie, prepare the iron rod" Kiara left the suite, she meets her father as she stepped out of the suite.

"Daught, you're doing a really great and magnificent work. Seeing you interrogate this way makes me remember my young self, I was so strict and disciplined" Collins explained patting Kiara before going back to his office.

"Thanks dad, I'll always make you proud" she said in her mind.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Walking haggardly, as if drunk or highly intoxicated, Mr. Mendy staggers into the NPD, he looks rough, his eyes were swollen and it either means he's been crying or he's not been sleeping, but it is certain that it cannot be the former, what could make Mr. Mendy cry and present himself this way.

"Hahahahaha, where's Collins" Mr. Mendy burst into the NPD, he could be easily compared to insane, but no cop could dare apprehend his senior, "I asked where Collins is, where is he" he screamed at the top of his voice and this made Detective Joe approach him.

"Boss" he gave his salute and after his abortive wait for response he allowed himself at ease, "what are you here to do sir?" Detective Joe asked.

"Where is Collins?" Mr. Mendy screaming at the top of his voice attracted all possible attention in the police station.

"He's not available sir, but you can lay your complaint to me, I'm the Assistant Boss Detective" Detective Joe explained.

"And what do you know, how can you help, when did you get to this police department?" Mr. Mendy asked.

"If you're not telling me what you need sir, I'll have to walk out on you sir" Detective Joe said.

"Ok, ok, relax Joe, only Collins has deep understanding of the matter on ground, who is handling the Piston Square Murder case?" Mr. Mendy asked.

"Detective Kiara, she's on break, she'll resume investigation soon" Detective Joe explained.

"Where can I stay while waiting for Collins?" Mr. Mendy asked calming his nerves.

"Hey, Boss, how've you been?" Collins smiled meeting his Senior cheerfully, "you don't look happy, do you have a rift with someone?" Collins asked.

"This is more than a rift, this is chaos happening to me" Mr. Mendy laments. "Let's talk in your office".

"Be calm boss, we'll settle whatever this matter is" Collins said inviting Mr. Mendy to his office.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°