Chapter 3: The Cunning Doctor

Please enjoy as you read, feel free to vote and comment on your views.
Love you all.

As the Commissioner left the office, other officers started to give their reactions.

"Wow, this is crazy" Lily said.

"Finally, justice has prevailed" Jude said nodding his head to Lily's comment "we all accused the wrong person".

"Hmm, Archer did a good investigation on this" Chris added.

Collins hissed, feeling irritated "so he'll get promoted after all, he gets Hailey and he still gets the promotion. Is that not selfish?" Asking no one in particular.

"Well, I don't have a cause to lament, I'm no ones supporter" Jane voiced.

"And, what do you mean by that?" Sandra asked Jane.

"Let her be, it's not as if Mr. Mendy will be there for life, there's no evidence that he's the murderer and theft is not as bad as murder" Veronica concluded.

On the other side, Archer and Hailey we're so happy, after all, no one is above the law, the duo hugged each other tightly for almost a minute.
"You should be doing this at home" Collins said, "not in public".

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

"Wow, it worked out and it's worth celebration" Mr. Andy said as Archer and Hailey joined his family to have lunch.

"I'm deeply sorry for the incident yesterday, I was in trauma and I couldn't think straight" Mrs. Andy apologized and poured them a drink.

"Your hard work and diligence brought you this reward, I would've been the cause of your imprisonment if not that you kept an extra copy" Mr. Andy explained.

"I knew Mr. Mendy tampered with your child to distract you and make you leave the office" Archer said.

"So when do you guys plan to tie the knot?" Mrs. Andy asked.

Archer and Hailey stole a glance at each other while Archer held her hands, "probably we should start thinking about that" They said.

"Good afternoon Mr. Luther, yes I'm Joshua Andy, Boss detective of Hilmal how can I help you Mr. Vice President?" Mr. Andy discussing on the phone "he committed a crime sir", "I can't, it's against the law and also his arrest was ordered by Mr. Gilbert. I have less opinion sir" he stressed "I'm sorry sir, you'll have to keep your money, I'm not poor either" Mr. Andy terminated the call.

"Was that Mr. Luther?" Hailey asked.

"Yes" Mr. Andy replied "we need to continue working, you can now see Mendy is dangerous even behind bars, we need to meet Mr. Gilbert now."

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

"He called me too, and he did persuade me, but I declined. I guess that's why he tried to use you" Mr. Gilbert.
"Sir, we should make sure that the innocent does not get punished" Mr. Andy said.

"Be rest assured, we're starting investigation today" Mr. Gilbert voiced.

"Okay sir" Mr. Andy said.

"I'll be here till the case is over, so get me a Medical Examiner, a trustworthy one that will be sincere and truthful" Mr. Gilbert said.

"Good sir" he looked behind "Hailey, Archer, go to the Medical Examiner's Office and bring one you trust the most" Mr. Andy told Archer and Hailey who were behind him.

"We'll do that now sir" they replied and left for the MEO.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆