Chapter 15: Truth Revealed

"The Doctor said you summoned me Mum, I'm" Hailey covered her mouth before Kiara could finish her statement.

"You're always my daughter, so I forgive you, I know that Doctor Damien would have tampered with the paternity results, so I would like you to go to a laboratory somewhere far, where Collins' power cannot work" Hailey explains.

"Sure Mum, I'll do that later" Kiara said, "let me stay with you for some minutes".

"I want you to do it now, when all of Collins' attention will be on the online incident" Hailey said, "you should go now" Hailey concluded and hugged Kiara.

"Imma make you proud Mom" Kiara replied.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Kiara was out of the hospital and she waited for the taxi she ordered online.

"Hey miss" a taxi stopped by her.

"Oh you're here" she exclaimed and entered the taxi, "wow, you were swift".

AFTER SOME MOMENTS OF SILENCE

"Miss, it rather seems like we're being followed" the Taxi driver said.

"Just continue driving" Kiara said trying to buy the time to confirm the Taxi driver's claim, she realized that a Highlander Toyota was coming right behind the, she observer for 10 minutes, instructing the driver to turn frequently. " Mr. Driver, I'm sorry for calling you that, bit I'll transfer your money to you and we'll be almost even, I'll double the money because of the risk you will take, I want to open the door and drop off from the taxi while you'll continue driving away, then the car after me will continue to chase after you thinking I'm in it, the money will get to you soon"

"Okay miss" the driver replied, "oh I've been credited ma".

"At the count of ten I'm going out of the taxi, all right?" She informed the driver.

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten" she opened the door swiftly and rolled out of the taxi, the doctor kept his speed and Kiara escaped into the multitude, while the strange car was still after the taxi driver, abruptly the taxi driver blocked the road and no vehicle could pass, the taxi driver alighted from the taxi and stood at the front of the Toyota Highlander, "Hey, hey come down, we have some business to solve" the driver waved at the front of the car as he was shouting, the car was glass tilted, so it took him some more words to get the driver out.

"Who are you and where is Kiara" the man obviously dressed as a police officer asked.

"I helped her escape, but if you could strike a deal I'll take you to her" the driver proposed.

"I know you know where she is but striking a deal with me will be dangerous for you" the police officer retorted.

"Find her yourself then" the taxi driver said and walked back to the taxi.

"Hey" the police officer said and went after him and afterwards holding his shirt tightly "what do you want?" he whispered to the taxi driver.

"You want her right?" he asked and the cop nods in agreement with him, "but I want money!!!" He yelled at the cop.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On the other hand, Kiara escaped into the crowd at first but when she thought about the well being of the poor taxi man and she turned around to check and even know who this police officer is, she saw the police officer holding the taxi driver's shirt and saw the police officer is Willie, she felt like going to help the man, but she needed to carry out the paternity test, even though the test was to confirm if Collins was her father, it became glaring to her that Collins sent Willie to tamper with the results like they did to the one at Damien's place, Kiara was thinking, the next thing she saw was the taxi driver counting some money and going into his car while Willie's eyes were locked I her's, "this driver sold me out" she thought, "run, run, run girl run" her instincts told her and she began on an escape mission while Willie was on pursuit.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Hello Collins" Mr. Dennis, the Assistant Commissioner of NPD on phone with Collins.

"Good Morning sir" Collins replied.

"I saw some things on the internet in regards to you, what do you have to say?" Mr. Dennis asked.

"Sir" Collins chuckled.

"Listen, Collins, Mr. Collins, you are about to be queried and probed, and probably lose your job, and you think that is a joke?" Mr. Dennis enquired.

"I'm sorry sir, but it's all a false, Archer is trying to bring me down" Collins replied.

"I bet you haven't seen what was written on those diary pages he posted" Mr. Dennis said.

"I have sir" he replied.

"I don't think you have, because if you have you would know that as a Boss Detective, you should have released a press statement of either apology or defense, what do take the police force for" He asked in anger.

"I'll try sir" Collins replied.

Mr. Dennis ends the call abruptly, "what is all this embarrassment to the police force" he soliloquizes.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"I am Boss Detective Collins of Hilmal, there is a troll going on recently about pages from my diary, the one in which I wrote every single thing I've been doing all my life, that is because I'm real and I'm me, I won't try to lie to defend myself because all Archer had uploaded is totally true and authentic, I killed my best friend when I was 15, yes but you all never asked me of the reasons why I did that, Brandy was my good friend, the best friend I ever had, but Brandy stole my diary, this same diary that is causing all sort of chaos, he threatened to burn it after taking pictures of every page, for people that knew me from childhood, I had a twin brother, Charles, he gave me the diary as a gift when we were 10 and he died at 11, so this diary was the only thing that I remember him with, I wrote all those things there believing I was communicating with him and making him know how I was living, Brandy wanted to destroy that memory, and we got into a fight, he was a huge boy so he beat the hell out of me, but at the slightest chance I had, I grabbed a stone and hit him, though it was self defense, I hid his body in a pit and pretended that I never saw him" Collins laughed for some seconds.

"Mr. Collins, what about the drugs you smuggled during your youth" A pressman asked.

"Drug was illegal, bit it fetches money, my mom and dad got divorced, I lived with my dad who later had stroke, I had no source of income, my dad's pension were automatically transferred to medical bills, and a friend of mine who always spend and buy large, introduced me, and I had to survive won't I?" He explained further.

"So why did you kill your father according to the diary" another pressman asked.

"Can't you get it?, That man was a liability, when I decided to stop doing drugs, there was nothing to live on, so I had to kill the old man secretly to live on his pension while the government thought he was alive because I told them is state was very worse and he could not move anymore, the pension helped me through the police college and I later announced his death when I wished to" he paused, "Archer, where ever you are, I want you to know that the truth is revealed and you have nothing to destroy me because I'm ready to face all consequences" he concluded and left the press conference.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

🤔 🤔 🤔
What is Collins up to, why reveal himself at that time?
If I knew I wouldn't be asking.

© Deyoungprof Stories 2022

Written and Arranged by Deyoungprof (Solomon Stephen Sunday)

Edited and Reviewed by Samuel Ikubuwaje.