1 - In The Beginning

Hi guys! I have a HUGE writer's block, as I have complained to you before, but I still hope you enjoy this chapter!
If you have not yet read Newborn, (the first book in this series-thing,) GO READ IT because this is a SEQUEL and you might not get most of the stuff in here.
A big thank you to everyone reading and please enjoy Newborn x2!
----------------------------------------------

It was another rainy day when Sam and Dean got back from hunting. They had been gone for hours, and were now finally home.

Sam looked at the massive white house facing him as he walked up the front steps. The five of them, (him, Gabriel, Dean, Castiel, and Dean and Cas's daughter Mary,) had just moved in about a week and a half ago. It was big and perfect for them, in a perfect location, too. The only thing was that there was one extra bedroom.

Sam and Gabriel had prayed and prayed to Chuck to give them a child, like he had given their brothers, but so far there was nothing. They frequently visited adoption centres, but there wasn't any sign that any of the babies there were meant for them.

As Dean and Sam stepped inside, Castiel appeared before them and pulled Dean into a hug. "Whoa, hey Cas," Dean chuckled and kissed the angel's cheek.

"What took you so long to come home?" Cas demanded, gaze firm. Sam tried not to burst out laughing at how much Castiel sounded like an overprotective wife. Which he was, in a way.

"You're home!" Another voice yelled from the top of the staircase. A snap of fingers was heard, and suddenly Gabriel was in front of Sam, his face so close that his nose touching the hunter's. "You're late, Moosey," Gabe said flatly.

"Didn't know I had a curfew," Sam joked and smiled at Gabriel's pouting face. "We were about to start eating without you," Gabriel warned as they walked into the dining room, where dinner was already set out on the table. Sam and Dean watched their husbands pray before they all began to eat.

With his mouth full, Dean put his fork down. "Hey, where's Mary?" A silence followed until they heard fast footsteps and then Mary ran in and sat down hurriedly. "Sorry," she said, breathing hard and pushing her long black hair behind her shoulder, "I was doing homework and listening to music, I didn't hear you call me for dinner."

"That's alright Mary," Cas smiled, and they continued eating. Afterwards, it was Dean and Castiel's turn to do the dishes, so Sam and Gabriel went upstairs to the theatre-room and sat on the couch together. They ended up laying down, Gabe on top of Sam, wrapped in the hunter's long, flannel shirt clad arms. Sam kissed Gabriel's forehead and said with his eyes closed, "love you Gabe."

Gabriel did that little sideways smile of his. "Love you too Samwich."

A small pause followed before Sam said quietly, "do you want to try and pray?"

Another short silence.

Sam felt Gabriel's head move in a nod and they held hands and said a short prayer in their heads before resuming cuddling. It's never going to work, Sam thought with a sigh, it never has. As if reading his mind Gabriel said softly, "I know it's probably not going to work."

"Maybe Chuck is just busy," Sam quickly suggested as soon as he saw the frown on his husband's face, "or maybe he doesn't think that we're ready for some reason. We should tell him we are ready or something."

Gabriel just shook his head and without another word, fell asleep, head resting against Sam's chest. His breathing made Gabe's head rise and fall, and soon, hopefulness draining out of him, Sam fell asleep too, brain swimming with prayer.

----------------------------------------------
Hoped you liked it! The next chapter will probably be updated tomorrow, so see you then!