11 - Expelled

It seemed that the trouble never stopped with Bobby and Luci. At home and at school. Especially at school.

"Try to behave yourselves," Sam sighed the morning of the first day of second grade. As usual the twins put on innocent faces and agreed, then went off to be driven by Dean to school. Their Uncle Dean drove them both to the elementary school and Mary to her community college. She was taking classes there, the basics, before transferring to four-year university.

"Welcome to class," their second grade teacher yelled, "I'm Mr. Black! I'll be handing out workbooks and you will do the first five pages." He made a point of looking each student in the face. When he got to Bobby the boy crossed his eyes. Mr. Black frowned and looked at Luci, who was sitting next to Bobby and was sticking out his tounge to mock the teacher. "You two!" Mr. Black shouted, "here now!"

The two boys walked cheerfully up to the front of the room. "Names," Mr. Black growled.

"Luci Winchester," the darker haired one said. "Bobby Winchester," the other smiled. Mr. Black slapped his forehead with his hand and muttered something about how twins were the last thing he needed in his class. Finally he stopped muttering to himself and pointed at the seats at the back of the room. "That's where the two of you will be sitting," he decided, "so I can keep an eye on you."

Halfway through class Mr. Black noticed that Luci had folded a bit of paper and was playing finger-football with Bobby. Mr. Black stormed over, hands on his hips. "Winchesters," he scowled, "give me that." They handed the paper wad over, trying not to laugh. Not even five minutes later they had another one. It was taken away as well. Then another. Then another. Pretty soon there was over fifteen paper footballs on the tiny desk the boys sat at. Mr. Black, as every other teacher usually did, instructed them to go to the office.

When the principal called Sam and Gabriel, they were in the middle of research. Gabriel answered the phone right before Sam could grab it. "I got this one Samwich," he said and put the receiver to his ear, "hello?"

"Hello, is this Gabriel or Sam Winchester?"

"Yes," Gabe answered, speech slowing with uncertainty. Sam looked concerned and came to his side, listening in.

"Yes, hello. This is the principal at Northwood Creek Elementary. Your sons Lucifer and Bobby were sent to my office this afternoon for class disruption and deliberately disobeying their teacher. Now I don't know if this is something new to you Mr. Winchester, but our school does not tolerate trouble makers. This is only the first day of school, I can't imagine what the rest of the year would be like with them. I'm afraid you'll have to come and pick them up. They will no longer be attending Northwood Creek."

Sam rolled his eyes and exhaled roughly. Gabriel growled, "Fine, we'll be right over," and slammed the phone down. "Great," Sam exclaimed, "another one. We're running out of school options!"

Turns out Bobby had inherited some of Gabriel's trickster powers. He could conjure up simple things like lollipops or paper footballs, but couldn't make illusions or anything like that. Yet.

"Just imagine what kind of trouble they'll get into when they're in high school," Sam groaned as they drove over to the school. Gabriel waggled his eyebrows and Sam smiled warily, not breaking eye contact with the road. The two not-very-proud parents walked calmly into the front office and guestured to Luci and Bobby to follow them. Nothing said, no yelling, no laughing, no lectures, nothing. Luci held the door open for Bobby to slide into the backseat, then followed. Sam and Gabe went in too, closed all the car doors, and sat there for a moment, silent.

"You boys," Sam finally said, breaking the tense silence, "need to get an education. Will you try harder next time?"

"Yeah, dad," they said unexcitedly in unison.

Gabriel turned around in his seat. "Do you promise to try harder?"

"Yeah."

"Okay then," he said, giving them each an almost comical serious stare before Sam started the car and brought them all home.