22 - Family Doesn't End In Blood

This is it.
The final chapter of Newborn x2 and the whole Newborn series-thing. *crying*
It's been a great ride and I've become emotionally attached to the characters. (Noooooooo!!)
But I've decided that I'm going to continue this series-thing with occasional ONE-SHOTS!
Thanks to everyone who read, voted, and commented. You are all amazing.
So follow me for updates on that and please enjoy this, very long and final, Newborn x2 chapter!
---------------------------------------------

The next few days were very eventful. Gabriel and Sam took Luci and Bobby on daytrips, took off their typical kind-of working schedules to spend time with them, and more.

Bobby couldn't describe how happy he was that his brother was home. Something seemed wrong with him, though, like he had stuff on his mind. "Hey," Bobby confronted him one particularly warm afternoon, "what's up?"

"I can't stay here, Bobby," Luci blurted. There was a silence and so Luci sighed and continued, "I want to be a full-time hunter like dad used to be. I can't stay because the police might find me. We can't move anywhere because Mary's college is nearby so I know that Dean and Cas won't want to move. That means Gabe and Sam won't want to either. I just--"

"--Okay! I'm goin' too. What should I pack?" Bobby exclaimed, jumping up and brushing off his jeans.

"What?"

"I said I'm coming with you! You think I'm gonna let you go have fun without me? All alone? Hell no." Bobby tossed a wink at his twin before practically skipping upstairs to get his things, "I'll be down in a second!"

Soon Sam and Gabe walked in. "What's this about leaving?" Gabe asked, disappearing then appearing directly next to Luci, leaning on his shoulder. As soon as Bobby came back downstairs, they explained everything. Luci bit his nails waiting for an answer from his dads. After a long silence Gabriel sighed.

"Go ahead," he smiled.

"WHAT?!" Sam exclaimed, "Gabe! They could get hurt, or killed! All alone, on the road! Think about it!"

"I am thinking about it," the archangel smirked, "and I think they should go. Samwich, they've been apart for what seems like forever. Abd they want to go into the family business! Isn't that great?" He snapped and disappeared, only to reappear seconds later sitting on Sam's shoulders.

"Get off Gabe."

"No! Not until you let them go. It'll be good for them to go on some asventures!" He did puppt-dog eyes at his husband. "Pleeeaase?" He winked at his sons, who smiled gratefully.

"Fine! Okay, you two," Sam gave in, picking Gabriel up and setting him back on the floor. He walked towards Bobby. "Bobby," he said, "you are the most clever person I know. Next to your dad of course," he rolled his eyes at Gabriel who was waggling his eyebrows, "you use that for good. For saving people. I'm really proud of you. You look after your brother, okay?"

He then walked a few steps over to Luci. "Luci," he sighed, "I know what it feels like. I was Lucifer's vessel. Talk to me anytime you need to stay grounded, I don't care where you are in the world. Also, look after your brother for me, make sure he doesn't get into trouble." Sam winked to finish off his little speech and Gabe jumped onto his back. "Was that a wink I saw Sammy?" He cheered and Sam just mumbled, "Oh, shut up Gabe."

After explaining everything again to their uncles, Luci and Bobby grabbed their stuff and hugged everyone goodbye. "We won't be able to tell Mary where we're going," Luci suddenly realized. He raced into the house again and grabbed the phone, dialing his sister's number.

"Hello?"

"Mary, it's Luci," he said. Just the sound of Mary's voice was making him want to cry. They hadn't seen eachother in so long.

"Luci," she answered, voice barely above a whisper, "I haven't heard from you in a long time."

"I know, I'm really sorry. I was just calling to let you know that this might be the last time we talk. See, Bobby and I are going on the road to be hunters like our dads so...." Luci was interrupted by Mary's voice, which was definetely more louder.

"Shut up! Lucifer Crowley Winchester, you listen to me," she exclaimed, "we are going to see eachother again! You'll come back and visit us, right?"

Luci sighed, eyes getting watery. "Of course," he replied. There was a silence so long Luci wasn't even sure if Mary was still there. "Hello?" He said.

"Oh! Sorry," Mary replied, giggling a bit. "I was hugging you in my mind." They said their goodbyes and Mary told him to make sure his brother didn't get into too much trouble. Then Luci ran back to where Bobby was waiting. They gave last hugs and promised to visit as often as possible. Then, they set off on their next adventure.

Together.