7 - Bedtime Story

Hi guys! Thank you so much to @a-sweet-serendipity and please go read her Sabriel book it is AMAAAZING!! And also thanks to my "sister-in-law" aquadiamondblue go read her Before The Angels story! I love you all enjoy this chapter!
-------------------------------------------------------------

It was a warm summer night and Gabriel was attempting to put Luci and Bobby to sleep. Bobby was crying really loud and Luci just wouldn't fall asleep. The archangel was getting really frustrated.

"Ugh just go to sleep!" Gabriel groaned and he rocked Luci some more, holding the year-old baby in his arms. He struggled to life Bobby out of his crib. "Stop crying, please," Gabe said, now holding both of them. He closed his eyes slowly and took a deep breath as he felt a hand touching his shoulder.

"Sam," he sighed and with a knowing smile, Sam took one of the babies off Gabriel's hands and rocked Bobby back and forth, shushing him.

Bobby had stopped crying a little, but his chubby face was still streaked with wet tears. "It's okay," Sam whispered to his son, "shhhh....I'm here, Gabe's here." Bobby let out a little whining noise before looking up at his dads with his beautiful big brown eyes.

"Maybe a bedtime story will put them to sleep?" Gabriel suggested. Sam sat on the rocking chair, nodding, rocking back and forth with both Luci and Bobby in his long arms. Gabe snapped and another chair appeared. He sat and began telling a story. He hadn't specifically planned anything, just told them a story that Lucifer used to tell him when he was little. The story of creation.

"First Chuck made light and darkness," Gabe said, "then the Earth and the sun and the moon and the oceans and land. He made the birds, animals, bugs, fish...he made you and me." He smiled, "he gave us family and eachother." Slowly his story had lulled the two twins to sleep.

Sam let out a single laugh and he tucked them into bed, under the blanket. "'Night," he said and kissed each one on the forehead. Gabriel retrieved their stuffed platypuses from the shelf and put them into the cribs. "You know, Chuck didn't like it when I created the platypus," he chuckled, "he made me put it in Australia with my other creations."

Sam laughed, then stopped abruptly, knowing if he laughed too loud he would wake the boys. He kissed Gabriel's cheek and they left the room.

"I really don't mind that he gave us twins," Sam said after a while. Gabriel gave his husband his signature crooked smile and stood up on his tiptoes to kiss his cheek.

"Me too," Gabriel said, then yawned widely. Sam frowned as he noticed the dark circles under the archangel's eyes. The two of them went up to their bedroom and got pajamas on. They got into bed and Sam wrapped his long arms protectively around Gabriel's small frame. "If the babies cry tonight, let me go to them. You stay in bed," Sam offered.

"No," Gabriel protested, eyes flying open. "That's not fair to you. We usually take turns!"

"Gabe," Sam said seriously, "I love you. And I'm really worried about you. You look tired. Let me take care of them tonight, then tomorrow night we can go back to taking turns. Okay?" He kissed him softly on the lips. Sam watched as Gabriel's eyes fluttered shut and he nodded once. Sam cuddled up against him and heard Gabe's sleepy voice whisper in the darkness, "I love you Moosey." Sam chuckled and replied, smoothing Gabriel's light brown hair, "I love you too."

All was quiet and calm as they lay there together.

Then not moments later the twins began crying.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, hope you liked that chapter! There will be more of a storyline once the boys get a little older :) Also more of Mary, Dean and Cas, Lucifer, and Crowley. (And possibly Mike Joseph?) Please vote and comment and stuff and give me any suggestions you have. Thanks!