21 - Luci's Return

Only one more chapter besides this one left of this fanfic! Thanks to everyone reading/voting/commenting/etc.!
Enjoy this chapter, WARNING it might give you feels!!
-------------------------------------------

Bobby was sitting on the couch, staring at the TV. He was aimlessly flipping channels, trying to distract himself. Luci had been gone for months now. It had seemed like forever.

Don't think about that, Bobby willed himself and tried to focus on the current channel, which was some documentary about a moose and squirrel going on adventures or something weird like that.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. Probably a salesperson, Bobby thought to himself. But then it rang again. And again. And again and again and it wouldn't stop. It was getting pretty annoying. Bobby had already been on-edge since Luci "disappeared" so he was in no mood to deal with annoying salesmen. He ran a hand through his hair and stormed downstairs and to the front door. He slammed it open. "QUIT RINGING OUR DOORBELL! I'M NOT INTERESTED IN BUYING YOUR SHI--"

There, standing in the doorway in front of him, was Luci.

"Oh my God," Bobby said, han flying to his mouth, his voice barely a whisper, "Oh my God, Luci." He stood there, silent, and so did his twin brother. They just stood there, staring. Neither one knew what to say. Then breaking the silence, Bobby reached over and slapped Luci across the face as hard as he could.

"What the hell?!" Luci exclaimed, rubbing his cheek. Then he was pulled into a hug. The best hug he had gotten in a long time. The same hug he had recieved millions of times but never knew how much he would miss them until he couldn't have them. And the person who gave them.

"I am so sorry Bobby," he said, still being death-grip hugged, "I know you probably hate me and I just wanted to grab my stuff before leaving forever. And I wanted to say a proper goodbye."

"What?" Bobby asked, finally releasing his brother, "where are you going?"

"I'm probably gonna use what money I have to buy a used car, fix it up. Live on the road and be a full-time hunter. I might meet up with our godfather, Garth. We've only met him a few times, but I'm sure he'll remember me," Luci explained with a sigh, "I don't mean to get in your way I just wanted to grab my stuff, I just got out of jail." He chuckled a bit and then to his surprise was dragged inside by his shirt collar and pushed onto the couch. Bobby sat next to him, tears in his eyes.

"Luci," he said flatly, voice stern, "you are not leaving." Luci opened his mouth to protest but Bobby quickly added, "--without me."

There was a silence until Bobby sighed and spoke up again. "I can't even describe how much I missed you. How worried I was. You shut me out for weeks and weeks not telling me what's wrong and then you kill my friend and disappear. I was angry, sure. But now you're here. Finally, you came back. I'm not losing you again," he had tears in his eyes and so did Luci, "we're a team, remember? I want it to be the good old days again."

"Shut up," Luci sniffed, wiping his eyes, "I don't do chick flick moments."

"You sound like Uncle Dean," Bobby chuckled.

Suddenly the front door flew open and there stood Dean and Castiel holding bags from grocery shopping. As soon as they saw Luci sitting there, the bags crashed to the ground and they both bolted over to him and hugged him super tightly. "You came back," Castiel said, letting go after quite a long time.

"Look, we're not mad, okay?" Dean blurted, "We love you Luci, no matter what." He then pulled out his cell phone and dialed a number, putting it up to his ear. "I'm calling Sammy and Gabe," he mouthed. There was a clicking sound and a "hello?"

"Sammy!" Dean practically shouted into the phone, "guess who's home?!" The line went dead and within fifteen minutes the front door yet again flew open. Sam didn't even look twice, just ran over to the couch to hug his son. But Gabriel appeared next to Luci first and hugged him. Sam just shrugged and made it a group hug. No doubt the longest group hug ever.

Luci told everyone what had happened. He didn't hold anything back or hide anything. He even explained why he had been acting so weird, because of the voices. "I'm sorry again," he ended. "No need to be sorry," Gabriel smirked, "great job breakin' out of prison!"

"Luci, you should've told me about Lucifer talking to you and about the hunger for blood," Sam exclaimed, "I've been through all that too!"

"You have? I thought you would be too worried, I didn't know," Luci admitted, and got another hug from his dad. They spent the rest of the day and late into that evening talking and catching up and there was not a dry eye in the house.

It surprised Luci how quickly things got back to normal with Bobby and everyone and how understanding everyone was. "Listen, we've done some messed up crap in our time," Dean said while eating some pie that evening, "we understand."

"We're just happy you're back home," Cas added.

That night Sam and Gabe ushered the twins off to bed early since Luci had admitted he was exhausted. Once the bedroom door was closed Bobby laughed. "They're gonna spend at least another month fussing over you," he teased. Luci smirked but then noticed the room. Luci's stuff was still in the same place he had it the night he had left. "You didn't get rid of any of it," Luci said, more of a statement than a question.

"I knew you would come back someday," Bobby answered simply and hopped into bed, turning off the light. Luci did the same and immediately fell into a deep sleep with no nightmares and no voices.