Chapter 3

Finally, Friday arrived. Blaine headed to school and immediately went to the bulletin board in the hall. As did every other team and club member. He read down the list, looking for his name when finally, Blaine Anderson- Running Back. Blaine smiled and pumped a fist into the air. So far, this year had been going great for him. He's in the glee club, on the football team, has a new group friends, and will become friends with the toughest to please people in this school. The football players. 

"Congratulations!" A voice said behind Blaine. He turned quickly, seeing Kurt. Those beautiful eyes made him forget everything he was thinking. 

"What?"

"You made the team, right? I mean you looked happy after looking so I can only assume you did."

"Oh. Yeah, I did."

"Finn the quarterback again?"

"Yeah." He nodded.

"Well, I'll see you at lunch."

"Okay." He walked away and Blaine just stood there, frozen. After every conversation he has with Kurt, he gets butterflies in his stomach.

"Quarterback, once again." Blaine heard behind him. Finn. He turned again and looked. "Blaine! You got running back!" 

"Yeah!" He said with a smile. 

"How about you come over after school? I mean, we should get to know each other more since we are in glee club together and now football."

"Sure."

"Great! My mom is picking me up after school so just meet me out front."

"Okay."

"Cool. Well, see you in 4th bell." Blaine nodded before Finn walked away. That was the most bland conversation, on his end, he ever had. He just responded with yeahs, sure, and okays. STOP GETTING SO FLUSTERED OVER HIM! Blaine yelled to himself. Well, in his head. Forget about Kurt. He's a senior and probably doesn't even care about you. Once he realized the bell was about to ring, he rushed down the hall to his first class.

***

The bell rang, dismissing school and Blaine met Finn at the front of the school. They both smiled. 

"My mom should be here any second."

"Alright. What do you wanna do when we get to your house?"

"Do you like video games?"

"Yeah!"

"Cool. I have a whole shelf. I get new games every Christmas so I have quite the collection." They both laughed. "Oh, there's mom." The two hopped in the car and Finn introduce him to his mom. 

"Hey Blaine! It's nice to meet you!"

"Same to you, Mrs Hudson."

"You can call me Carole." He nodded as the car started to move. His mom seems super sweet. Blaine dozed off with his thoughts until he heard a garage opening. He looked up and saw a cute little house. It was  brick with black shutters, a blue door, and a beautiful and colorful tree in front of the house. They pulled into the garage with another car inside. There was also a car in the driveway behind the car in the garage. "Do you like fruit, Blaine?" Carole asked. 

"Yeah!"

"Okay. Well, I made a fruit salad if you're hungry."

"Okay. Thanks!"

"No problem!" They walked inside and through a doorway to the kitchen. A man was standing at the island, eating fruit. Blaine assumed it was Finns dad. That was confirmed when his mom gave him a kiss. 

"Honey, this is Blaine. Finns friend."

"Hey! It's great to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, Mr Hudson." Everyone chuckled. 

"Its Hummel but you can call me Burt." Blaine got very confused after that, trying to think. Hummel? Wasn't that Kurts last name?

"Hummel? Like--" 

"Dad!" He looked over as Kurt walked into the kitchen, looking at his phone. He looked up after a second to see Blaines confused face. "Oh, hey Blaine!"

"Wait a second!" Burt, Carole, and Finn were smiling.

"I forgot you're new. So my mom and Kurts dad got married so we are stepbrothers." He looked at Kurt and then back at Finn. 

"Woah..."

"I don't talk about it because Finns annoying." Kurt said.

"Kurt!" His dad snapped.

"Sorry. Can I go to Rachels? It'll make up for my doctors appointment you made me go to."

"First of all, your appointment was necessary. Second of all, sure."

"Okay. Bye!" He grabbed his keys and left. Just like that.

"Lets go to my room." Finn said. 

"Alright." The two boys headed up to Finns room. It was kinda messy, like any boys room would be. He found the shelf of video games and looked through them until he found a game he wanted to play. They played for a while until they were interrupted by Carole. 

"Boys, dinners ready."

"Already? Dang, time flew by." Finn commented. She chuckled. Kurt, Rachel, and Mercedes were already sat at the table. 

"Oh no..." Blaine mumbled. Kurt, Mercedes, and Finn laughed, knowing why he said that. Rachel looked back and rolled her eyes. 

"Listen, I'm sorry for scaring you" She stood and smiled. "Hug and make up?"

"No." She walked over and forced a hug. Blaine kept his hands by his sides and looked highly uncomfortable. Everyone kept laughing. 

"Aww, cute." Finn said. 

"Yeah, you two could date." Mercedes joked. 

"No..." Blaine said. 

"Dang Blaine. You're not my type either but I'm not rejecting you."

"I'm gay..."

"Oh." 

"Yeah. How did you not know that?" Kurt asked. 

"Cause look at him! He's the most masculine gay ever."

"I knew."

"Cause you're also gay and have great gaydar." Kurt laughed. 

"True."

"Then you two can date." Mercedes said, changing her suggestion. 

"NO! He's my friend!" Finn snapped. I laughed. 

"Geez Finn. Possessive much?" Kurt asked.

"Alright everyone. Sit and eat before your food gets cold." Carole said. All of us sat and ate like she directed before Finn and Blaine headed back upstairs.

***

Kurt, Rachel, and Mercedes headed to his room after dinner and sat on his bed. Kurt picked up a book and started reading.

"So kurt..." Rachel started.

"What?"

"Blaines gay..."

"Mhm."

"And not much younger than you..." Kurt looked up.

"No."

"Why?"

"One, Finn would never allow it. Two, definitely doesn't like me. Three, I barely know the guy."

"Reasons you should date him. One, cute as hell. Two, sexy as hell. Three, amazing voice. Four, super sweet." Mercedes listed. 

"Oh, look at that. The reasons you should date him outweigh the reasons you shouldn't."

"I'm not dating him. End of discussion and if you bring it up again, I will pay someone to slushee you tomorrow." He joked before continuing to read. The girls looked at each other and sighed.