Chapter 10

"Kurt." Burt said, walking into the living room. Kurt was on the couch, doing homework, looking over as his dad called him.

"What's up?"

"So my friend needs a babysitter for this weekend and asked if I had kids to watch her. I don't trust Finn so would you want to?"

"Sure." Kurt said, laughing at the Finn comment.

"Great."

"Just one kid?"

"Yeah. I'll text you his number and you can talk to him about it."

"Alright." It wasn't long before Kurt's phone buzzed with the number from his dad. The text also included his name. Ross Turner.

Hello Mr Turner! My name is Kurt. I'm Burt Hummels son. He let me know you might be interested in having me babysit your daughter this weekend.

Hello Kurt! I would love if you could. Are you available around 5:30 on Saturday?

Yes

Great and if you want to come meet her then would Friday around noon work?

Yes

Okay. I'll text my address and see you then!

See you then!

***

Kurt arrived at Ross' house and knocked on the door, smiling as a woman opened the door.

"Hello! I'm Lina, Ross' wife."

"Hi! It's great to meet you!"

"Same with you. Come in, come in." She said.

"Thanks." I walked inside and a girl ran in the room.

"Are you Kurt?"

"Yeah!" I said, smiling at her.

"I'm Elena."

"It's nice to meet you Elena."

"Nice to meet you too!" I laughed at her cuteness.

"Elena is 3 so she can talk but it can be hard to understand sometimes." I nodded before Ross walked in, waving.

"Hey, thanks for coming."

"No problem."

"Can I show Kurt my play room?" Elena asked, looking up at her dad. He looked at me.

"Yeah, let's see it!" I followed her as she ran downstairs. She had a mini playhouse, toys scattered all over the floor, a tent, and much more.

"Wow, look at all your toys!"

"Yeah. I have a lot."

"Do you play down here a lot?"

"Yeah!" She showed Kurt all her favorite toys and sometimes had to ask her to repeat herself to understand. She was cute but sometimes hard to hear like Lina said.

Kurt was about to leave when a thought came to his mind. He turned back around and looked at Ross and Lina.

"Sorry, I have one more question."