Chapter 5

The next day after school, Puck headed into the library, following Blaine. He saw him sit at a table and pull out a notebook.

"Hey Blaine!" Puck said, acting like he just ran into him. Blaine looked back.

"Oh, hi."

"You okay?"

"Not really."

"What's wrong?"

"I'm struggling with French class."

"Kurt's doing French and he's a senior. Maybe he can help."

"Maybe."

"Ask him to tutor you. He's nice so will probably say yes."

"I guess."

"Alright. Well, I'll leave you to it."

"Wait, do you have his number?" Puck looked up and saw Santana watching, smiling with her arms crossed.

"Yes." He smiled too and gave Blaine Kurt's number before walking towards Santana. They waited until they got in the hall to talk.

"You're brilliant!" She said.

"I know. It involved a little following it's okay." She laughed.

"We should take this over. We are the only ones giving good ideas."

"Yeah!"

"I'll text you later."

"Okay."

***

Kurt was at dinner when his phone dinged. He picked it up and saw it was a random number. That made him curious.

"Kurt, put your phone away." Burt said.

"Hold on."

Hey Kurt, it's Blaine. I was wondering if you could tutor me in French. Puck recommended you to me.

"Kurt!" His dad said a little louder.

"HOLD ON!"

"Did you just yell at me?" Finn dropped his jaw.

"No..."

"Give me your phone."

"Blaines asking me to tutor him. Let me just answer."

"Give me your phone! You can tell him tomorrow!" Kurt groaned and handed his phone over.

***

The next day, Kurt arrived to school and immediately found Blaine. He felt horrible for not answering.

"Hey!" Kurt said. Blaine looked over and smiled.

"Hey. Did you get my text?"

"Yeah but then I got my phone taken away for yelling at my dad so I couldn't reply."

"You got your phone taken away? That seems unlikely."

"Well, it's true. Anyways, yeah I can."

"Awesome! What do you pay?"

"No, I don't want money. I just wanna help. You'll have to contact me through email since all I have is my school device until I'm given back my phone."