Chapter Thirty-Six: Moving On

[MATURE CONTENT]

"Moon!" Landon calls after me as I quickly walk out of class.

Ever since Draco and I have broken up, he's been more obnoxious and clingy. He did like me beforehand and I knew that but I was unsure of my feelings then.

I just shouldn't rush into a relationship when I just ended one.

It's not right.

I need to move on by my own terms and not by someone who's had feelings for me prior to my breakup.

"You are so needy, Draco" I hear Katherine say in a playful voice as I walk by them.

God, I hate her.

The way she innocently looks up at him.

The way his name rolls off her tongue so sweetly.

"I know you love it."

Fuck them.

I know they're just putting on a show.

Although I did hate him, I couldn't help but watch. For the past few weeks that's all I've been doing, secretly watching him from afar or when his back was turned.

It wasn't like he's the one that broke up with me. I broke up with him. I'm allowed to watch him even though I don't like him anymore.

Maybe I'm trying to convince myself that I don't but what's the matter? It's not like I'm acting on anything.

Still, I hate the both of them.

And you know what's the best way to make someone mad?

A little jealousy.

"Are you almost done with all the snacks?" I asked Victoria who carried trays of food to a table.

The best way to make someone jealous was to either fuck their ex or throw a party and fuck with their minds. But since I already did the first option, I guess I'll go with the second one.

"This is the last of the food," she responds. "I'm all done and everyone should be arriving in a little bit."

This was perfect.

The decorations were perfect.

The music was perfect.

The food was perfect.

I just needed the people.

"The star of the party is here!" says Pansy who walked in and was already tipsy from a few drinks that I can only guess was from Pronia.

It wasn't great that she was already drinking, but at least she knew how to get the party started.

"Can you believe we pulled this off with no planning?" I say to Victoria as we both dance together to the music. This night was going perfectly so far; there were no fights or Draco yet.

"Honestly I like this party better than our other ones." she admits, a small giggle escapes the crack of her lips as she smiles.

Victoria looked so beautiful especially in the purplish blue party lights. She was wearing a tight glittery blue dress that complimented her body well. I noticed some guys staring at her and one even asked her to dance but she refused, even after I tried to make her.

She is literally the love of my life, I don't know what I'd do without her.

"You're so perfect you know that, V?" I joke, tilting my head as my lips curve into a sweet smile.