Chapter Ten: Learn to Listen

[MATURE CONTENT]

It's been a week since Draco found out. Blaise hasn't spoken a word to me and Ron kept his distance. I've been hanging around Hermione and Harry a lot more, so much that they're probably sick of me.

Harry has started being nicer to me, he now probably realizes that not all Slytherins are bad.

Pansy has gotten closer to me, Victoria still doesn't like her that much. She'll be nice to her and put on a smile but she doesn't like Pansy. I think she's hiding something.

Malfoy has been smirking and flirting with me all week. Probably wants nothing but another hookup with me. I won't let him.

He won't get me that easily.

Maybe if I hang out with Harry and Hermione more, he won't want me. He'll probably think that I still have 'bad blood'. That's perfect. I just needed a way to perform my plan.

I'm sitting by the fire of the common room. For some reason on this night it felt, dark. Something was off but I didn't know what. I had my hands on my knees as I watched the flames. It was warm and helped me feel safe. Since it was fall, everything grew a little colder.

"Mind if I sit?" Victoria asks, sitting beside me. I nod and scoot over to make room. She looks at the fire and laughs. "It really is comforting. You and the fire, which is why I need to return the favor." She smiles.

Return what favor?

"What do you mean?" I question, facing her now instead of the fire. The fire crackles next to us as she turns to me. "I was dating Blaise. The only reason I didn't like Pansy was because she flirted with Blaise while she was with Draco. And now all that's over now, but I'm over him." She explains.

Was she? She better be.

"Victoria, I had sex with Blaise." I say softly. She snaps her head toward me. "What?" She yells. Then looks at me hurt. "But it's ok, I didn't do anything after. In fact I actually said someone else's name."

"She said mine. It's funny how she's telling everyone now. In fact it's terribly funny."

We both turn to see Draco leaning back on the couch with a sly smirk on his face. Victoria snickers and I just glare at Draco.

"I hate you don't forget that." I spat. Victoria calms down from her laughing and looks at me. "Actually if you moaned his name you feel quite the opposite." She explains. I turn back to Draco with a look of hatred on my face. Did I really have feelings for him?

Of course not. Right?

I look him up and down. I will admit, he did look good. But I won't let him know that. "You're a bitch, Malfoy." I spat as I stand up to walk to my dorm. "Moon come back." Victoria sighs. I hesitantly turn around to face her. I didn't know if I should continue up the stairs or walk back. I decided to walk back. I trusted Victoria.

I walk down and Victoria gets up. "You're staying here to talk with him. I don't care if you rip each other's throats out or fuck on the couch, either way you're doing it." She explained, giving me a soft smile on their way out. She walks up the stairs leaving me with Draco.

Alone.

"Lucky you, you get to spend your time here with me." He laughs. I give him a glare and sit on the couch next to him. "Don't you act like we're best friends." I say crossing my arms. He smiles and looks away from me. "We could always be more." He mutters, looking down at his rings.

My breath shutters as he twists his rings in his hands.

It was hot.

"I thought you hated me." I ask slyly. He rolls his eyes but still looking at his rings. "I didn't hate you, I hated that you were a mudblood. Which you're not now." He mutters, smirking at the last part.