Chapter 5 - Moon?

So what now? Wait until 6? I mean, I could after all time flies with this guy, or I could sleep considering I never pulled an all-nighter, or I could take this opportunity to pull my first ever all-nighter and with Sun on my side nothing can go wrong! That honestly sounds pretty fun, it would be even better if my phone had battery, isn't there a charger here somewhere?

"Hey Sun, I'm going to check the drawers of the desk to see if there's a charger, that way I can use my phone" I said, walking up to the security desk.

"Oh, alrighty!" He was shuffling cards on the floor, we were going to play another round of escoba, pretty fun game, I'm surprised he had the right deck to even play it.
I was surprised he didn't care about me going to the off-limits area but I guess he accepted I can't be stopped. I'm one stubborn idiot.

As I checked the desk drawers I found a lot of things, some made sense, like little toys, band aids and a little notebook with a pen attached, but there was also glitter glue everywhere, no, I don't mean the bottles, the drawers were drenched in glitter glue and no one had the guts to clean it obviously, try to get glue out of something when it's rock hard, even better, if you do manage to do it the glitter on it will stay on your body for a fucking month. There were some poor drawings that I assume were made by 5 year olds, parts of piñatas and a rainbow slinky, which I took, because I haven't touched one of those since I was 7.
After that adventure I did find a charger which I was honestly not trusting to find at all but I guess today's my lucky day. Forgetting that I'm trapped in here that is.

I searched for a place to connect it and found one soon enough next to a recharging flashlight thing, I connected my phone and it seemed to be charging just fine so that made me happy, what didn't make me happy was the fact that there was a flashlight recharger, why would you need that here? And not only here actually, these Freddy things were everywhere on the damn mall! Who needs flashlights so frequently around here? As far as I'm concerned the lights have been staying on the entire time, maybe it is dark on the rest of the mall but are the batteries just that bad so you need one of these every 5 steps you take? Jeez Louise.

I turned back at Sun, he was already setting things up and I went back to him, I wasn't really in a hurry to get my phone back.

"You're back! Did you find any charger?" He tilted his head.

"I did actually, my phone's already charging." I said as I lowered myself on the floor and sat in front of him. "I guess it depends on the type of charger you use but my phone is pretty quick so we should have connection with the exterior world pretty quick"

"That's great news Sunshine!" I'm in love with the nickname, no one else call me that, only he can, he earned it. "What time is it?" He asked out of the blue, that question shocked me for some reason.
I checked my watch "It is currently 12:50, wow, time flies" I chuckled looking back to him. I know he can't change his face beaceuse it's made out of metal, but I can still sense that smile is a nervous, fake smile. And that is weird coming from him. Very weird. "Is something up that I'm not aware of?"

"Oh well... It's nothing! It's just that the power is diverted to the charging stations for the last 5 minutes of each hour and it's going to be dark here..." He trailed off while fiddling with the cards in his hands. "I know! I can take you to some place safe in the structures, you'll hide! We'll play hide and seek! If I don't find you when the lights turn back on, I lose!" He said getting up.

"Uh, sure! Why not?" He helped me get back up ans started leading me into the play structures. There were a lot of reasons why not, he looked very scared for some reason and this really came out of nowhere. Sun for the love of God, don't go berserk on the last 5 minutes of something. "Can I grab the flashlight over there?" I pointed to the recharging thing, now it made sense, but for 5 minutes the light was going to be off did you really need that much? How fast do the batteries run out?

"Oh yes! That's a brilliant idea, go get it! I'll be at the ball pit, you hide! Be silent!" He screamed at me "And be careful Y/N..." He said in a much more worried and low tone. Ok what the fuck? Excuse me? What do you mean be careful? Why not say it a 'Be careful, you might get hurt!' tone that is cheerful but warning? Why in such a fearful tone? Shit is about to go down and I don't know why, or how I just know something I don't like is going to happend and I'm scared.

While grabbing the flashlight I tapped my phone, it had 5 battery percent, hell yeah, you go you motherfucker. I grabbed the flashlight and went to a play structure, I wasn't really thinking too much of where to go, I just went to the higher point I could reach in one of them
The play structures seemed like the most safe option if I'm hiding from something because of the labyrinth they are, but then again, they're the most dangerous option because of the labyrinth they are, specially if you don't know them, which I don't, and I'm a 100% sure Sun does and I know this has something to do with Sun, on top of that they're the most obvious place to hide, like, where are you going to be? That random castle on a corner? No! Of course not! You're going to be on one of the two enormous play structures.

I checked the time, it was 12:53. See, the funny thing about this is that the power will be back at 01:00, right? Right, and I would be able to check it on my watch to see how much I have left to survive? I guess? But my watch is old as fuck, as I said, I don't know how it's alive. So it has this light option so if you're in the dark you can press this button and the screen will light up to show the time, now, does it work? Yes. And also no. The screen does light up, pretty poorly but hey, it light up alright, now, can you see the time? No. For some reason the screen lights up but the numbers fucking disappear, they just poof out of existence, so now I don't know how much is left.

I mean, I could light it with the flashlight but that seems like an overkill, and you know what? Maybe nothing happens! Maybe he just thinks that I'm scared of the dark or something and wants to make a game our of this so I'm distracted! That would be cool. The flashlight itself was nothing of the other world. There's a big button, you press it, it lights up, you press it again, it turns off, oh the wonders of technology. It also had some line things on a screen, probably show how much battery they have.

The lights turned off out of nowhere and even though I was informed that it would happen I got scared for no reason. But then I got scared, and it was a justifiable reason.

"Naughty child, it's past your bedtime, you must be punished"

Palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy, vomit on my sweater already, mom's spaghetti.

"Nighty night~"

LORD HELP ME WHAT THE FUCK

I think I'm having a heart attack of some sorts. Yeah, probably.

OK NO THIS IS SERIOUS, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT AND WHY DOES IT WANT TO PUT ME TO SLEEP WITH SUCH A CREEPY VOICE? HAVE YOU NOT LEARNED NOTHING FROM THE INTERNET? JEFF THE KILLER ALSO WANTED TO PUT YOU TO SLEEP AND HE'S NOT A NICE GUY! WAKE UP Y/N!

Ok. Ok. Let's actually think of the possibilities it what is the current situation. It's Moon. God fucking damn it why did I not think that. The Daycare is ran by two people a sun and a moon, gee, wonder who gets activated in the dark. I'm such a dumbass.

Ok but, why is he bad? Genually, can I just not play cards with him? I looked outside the play structure and lit my flashlight to see if I could get s look of him. There he is! He was getting out of the ball pit, he was walking on all fours, weird flex but ok? His eyes were bright red, who in their right mind set made that design choice? He was wearing dark blue clothing with stars on them, not gonna lie, looked adorable as well, they just both seem like happy fellas! I just wanna hug him.

"Come out come out" He added a terrifying laugh after it.

Ok nevermind. Woah, wOAH WHAT THE? HE CAN FLY?

I'm surprised he didn't realize the fucking kid shining the flashlight at his face but I'm not complaining. He started swimming in the air? Yeah, same crackhead energy as Sun, he got on top of the play structure I was in and laughed again. Then I heard some walking noises.

Shit.