Chapter 7 - About Him

"Oh Sunshine I am so sorry I should've warned you but you would've ran off somewhere else and it's too dangerous outside but you'll still get hurt here" Sun started rambling, his voice was shaky.

"Hey, it's okay, I'm fine! I'm safe and sound!" I affirmed, trying to get him to calm down.

"No you're not! You have bruises on your neck and wrists!" He said, gently holding my wrists in front of me.

"Oh shit I do" I didn't realize I actually had them.

"No swear words! I know the situation is bad but you don't need them" He sounded firm at the begining but the he drifted off to sad as he let my wrists down and started down.

"Sorry" I replied. None of us seemed to actually process what was going on as Sun was just probably lost in his mind trying to find a way to explain this and my brain could not process what just happened. But honestly, Sun looked like he needed more help than me right now.

"Hey Sun" He looked up to meet my face "It's fine really, I didn't get hurt and I'm fine now! And I'm not leaving!" I know he feared that I might leave so made sure that he didn't think that anymore "Sure, some warning would have been pretty cool" I chuckled "But I'm fine."

"I'm glad you are. And I'm glad you're not leaving Y/N" He sounded less energetic, more on his serious side and less on the crackhead side.

"But you better explain." I know that sounded harsh. But I almost died. So fuck manners.

"Oh, yes of course. That was Moon, I'm pretty sure you knew about him already, besides being a different robot and entity we share body, so just so you know, I'm not Moon, I would never do anything to you!" I know Sun, I know. "He becomes activated in the dark, that's why the Daycare is always lit up, so that I remain as host but each hour, on the last 10 minutes, the power gets diverted to charging station and lights turn off" He explained.

"But it was just the last 5 minutes?" It wasn't really a question, but I was just confused, he became active at 12:55, not 12:50, why?

"That happens at 12 for some unknown reason, probably an issue with the timers, but the others do work following the correct time"

"Oh, so for each hour I'm gonna have to deal with him during 10 minutes?" Yes, it was an obvious question after all. It was more of a though out loud, the realization that this scenario will repeat quite a lot of times.

Sun sighed "I'm sorry Sunshine, there's nothing I could do about it..." He felt disappointed in himself, I knew it, but I didn't know how to comfort people, even less robots and he didn't know what to say to me so we just sat in silent, one in front of eachother. I was looking for a way to start up a convo.

"Hey Sun? I'm gonna check my phone, see if there are any messages"

"Sounds good!" He said more cheerfully.

I got up and was surprised when Sun followed behind like a curious little kiddo, he stopped behind the counted when we reached there though, probably when the off-limits zone started. I grabbed my phone, closed the Wikipedia page that was still open and saw that I got notifications. Most were from my family members but that doesn't stop the messages from Claire asking where the hell was I.

"I got texts from my family and friend"

"It's sweet that they care about you"

"That's one way of looking at it, I guess?" That answer took me out, I don't know why.

"What do they say?" He asked, curious, leaning on the counter.

"Uhhh, where are you, are you okay, Y/N answer, where the hell are you, are you trapped in the mall, why won't you answer, blah blah, I also got missed calles from the same people" It was all really a big where the fuck are you, there wasn't that many variation.