Chapter 18 - Farewell

Okay this has nothing to do with the fanfic but the convention was fucking amazing. THERE WAS A SUN AND A CHICA BUT I DIDN'T TAKE PICTURES WITH THEM CAUSE I WAS SCARED TO ASK 😭😭😭

There was also a Xiao, a Venti, a Hu Tao, Princess Bubblegum, Marceline and other cosplays I didn't recognize :(

I do have pictures with a Monika and a Miku though <3

Sorry for the delay I hate datelines >:(

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Sun went to recharge the flashlight while I stayed alon with my thoughts. I'm gonna be out of here in just a few minutes. It seems logical from a normal point of view but from mine it feels weird. As if this was my whole life and there wasn't anything else besides this. It feels like I've been here forever, and I don't wanna leave. I know I have to, my mother will kill me if I don't, plus I'm not gonna live in a fucking Daycare run by a robot, much to my displease, that would be one hell of a life. Yet, sadly, I'm afraid I won't be able to reach my goals. How upsetting.

Sun quickly came back, I didn't question the recharging mechanism those weird machines had but it recharges the flashlights in a matter of seconds so I'm not complaining about the dark magic behind that.

"Here you go Sunshine! You'll see better when you flee!" He gave it to me, I was on the floor so he just bent down.

"Thanks Sunny" I said while grabbing it mindlessly, he let out a cheerful noise at the nickname.

"You're welcome Y/N" He ruffled my hair, careful to not do it too strong. "I know you might be upset because you're leaving, but you can always visit your best friend!" He got me up from the floor. "It's not like I'm going anywhere." He said bluntly, I laughed. It was a funny remark but had some dark aura to it, the fact that the daycare is in fact, his home. It must get tiring at some point.

We just stood in silence. Sun started to move around, getting things tidy, putting the boardgames away and some more activities. I guessed he was preparing things for today when the Pizzaplex opens.

I wonder if Claire is awake. Probably not. I still tried. I opened WhatsApp and sent her a message. A few ones. Okay maybe I spammed her with stickers and phone calls, but hey, it's 5 am, she should be up on a Saturday morning. She's gonna kill me at Monday. Who cares? At least I have something to say when people ask me what he hell I did on the weekend, 'I got trapped in the Daycare of the Pizzaplex and befriended two robots. What did you do?'.

So um, yeah. Cool. I looked around without knowing what to do and my gaze followed Sun. He was surely getting everything ready.

I layed on the floor and grabbed my phone to pass the time. Claire was surely asleep. I checked Twitter to see what was going on, nothing new. NFT's, people being cancelled, drama of people you didn't even know, ratio's, homophobia, racism, the usual. Twitter, what a beautiful social media. I checked Instagram as well, Reddit, Pinterest, hell, I even checked if I got emails! But it seems the world is asleep at this time, and people who are awake are from another countries that I don't speak their language or are functioning like zombies from waking up so early. So cool.

I just closed my eyes in hopes that time will go fast, I eventually got sleepy. I didn't sleep much after all, I felt like I could fall asleep any second, I tried not to, but it didn't help that the lights went out. It was more comfy and it helped the atmosphere.

Wait.

The lights are out.

My eyes opened wide and saw the Daycare submerged in darkness once more. I looked around frantically, searching for Moon. I checked the time, 05:50? Did I sleep or did I spend too much time on my phone? Probably both. I grabbed the flashlight and looked around. Why was Moon hiding? He knows I need to get out of here, and, ok, last time we were together was a little uh... Akward? We just weren't on good terms last time, but I still like him, he has anger issues. But still.