Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Disbelief was what I was exactly in—to think that I could slip away Scott Nicholas and his group of evil boys. Whenever I saw any of them, I ran away, moved into a different class or shoved myself inside a washroom so they couldn't see me.

The door of the ladies washroom slightly creaked open and through the gap, I peeked out to see if any of them were around. To my surprise, they were gone. Once assured, I stepped out and straightened my dress.

It was going to be one long day in hell.

"Brianna!" Mr. Malcum called out my name and I flinched while turning around to face him.

"Yes?"

"Could you come with me for a moment? The headmaster has informed that you are one of the brightest students around here—I might need your help for a history project." He explained.

My eyes looked around the hallways that were filled with my grade students. I had an opportunity to escape for a while and I was going to make use of it, anyway, my next class my was literature and I wasn't ready to see Scott at all.

"Of course!"

I walked behind Mr. Maclum who took me to another classroom where I found our Drama teacher, Ms. Kenneth.

"Ah, my favorite student, come on in!" She exclaimed. What was happening around here? It wasn't a moment later she spoke, "We are planning for a history play, it's based on one of the tales by William Shakespeare, you have probably heard of it, King Lear."

"Yes," I nodded my head, remembering when we read the tale in the literature class, it wasn't a while back but then I was a virgin and now, I wasn't. "How can I help you with that?" I asked her, shoving all those naughty thoughts away.

"We are assigning acts to each class from Year 9 and we were wondering if you were able to take this task and prepare an act including your class?" Ms. Kenneth asked, looking over at the other teacher.

I had done quite a few plays in my previous schools but organizing one—I hadn't done that yet.

"I'm not sure if I can do that alone," I said, sounding hesitant. The least I needed was someone beside me. I couldn't be creative alone.

"Yes, we know that, we are looking for another student in your class and we will pick one by today or tomorrow. I will put your name on the list if you are in?" She asked.

"Yeah, sure, I'm in."

"That's great! Mr. Malcum here will your play teacher, if you need any help with anything, you can ask him. Everything will be provided, it's a play for our 100th year town anniversary, and it will be a part of the festival program in December." She continued.

"Oh, okay, that's great!" I gave her a smile.

"That's all for now. You can resume to your classes,"

Welp, I didn't want too.

The hallways were clear by the time I left Ms. Kenneth's classroom. Straightening my shoulders, I held in a deep breath and continued to walk towards my literature class. Just as I was about to enter, I was pulled—almost snatched away from the doorway. Standing in front of me was no other than Scott, looking angry.

"Are you hiding from me?" He asked and that's when I found myself melting in his voice, all over again. Just seeing him flashed all the memories of yesterday, the ones I tried really hard to forget.

"No. Why would you think that?"

"Really? Where have you been the whole day?" He backed me to the hall and placed his hand on either side of my head.

"In the school," I swallowed hard.

"And, how is that I wasn't able to see you?"

I didn't have an answer to that as I was hiding away from him and his boys. Even in break, I sat in the washroom and ate so I couldn't face him.

I tried to clarify the situation, "I was just around, you just didn't see me,"

"Exactly. Stop hiding from me," He said before I could even finish.

"Fine." I clenched my fists together and looked away from him. "Move?" It clearly seemed like yesterday wasn't a big deal to either of us—at least not for me.

"It didn't sound like that yesterday," He trailed off.

"Yesterday was a mistake. We fucked, that's all!" I exclaimed, my inner bitch clawing out of me.

The second he moved away, I stomped away from the hallway and went inside the literature class to clear my mind. Scott probably had a girlfriend, he always had one, one who could keep his bed warm and assure him that he was the greatest boy in the universe. There could never be anything between us even if I liked him a bit.

No.

I turned my attention to the class and brushed away any last piece of feelings I had for Scott. He was evil and regardless, I didn't want anything from him.

My phone screen lightened up and I looked down to see a message from Scott—it was more of a video than a message. As soon as the teacher looks away, I switched on my phone and played the video he had sent me.

It was a video of me.

Calling him daddy.

The video one of the boys must've taken while I was at the cafeteria yesterday. Of course. Anger coursed through me and I stood up.

"I need to go. I feel sick," I said to the teacher before walking out of the class. Everyone back in there simply stared when I slammed the door shut.

I was in a foul mood, ready to beat up that boy who had taken my video but more of my anger was directed to Scott. What did he mean by sending me that video? He was known to blackmail his way in if he didn't get any and it seemed like he was doing exactly that.

I found Scott standing outside the school, smoking and on his phone. The classes were still going on and it was the last hour so the hallways were clear.

"Delete that video!" I exclaimed, stepping towards him with rage taking over my voice. "Right now!"

"And, if I don't?" He asked, throwing away his cigarette and stomping on it. That's what he exactly wanted. Attention.

"Can you just stop? What are you even going to do with the video? You fucked me, boo, it's over now, you can stop bullying me, please?" It was more of a request. Standing up to him wasn't an option after all.

"Nope," he shook his head and emphasised on the p. "Stop hiding from me, and maybe then I will stop."

"I'm not hiding from you!"

"I'm not stupid, Brianna."

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr or Inkitt