Chapter 5

"I'm not stupid, Brianna."

Scott tugged harder on my elbow and pulled me towards him. There was a thin moment where I felt like I was losing myself to him. His pull was strong and it was grabbing me. I stared at him, my eyes fixed on his lips as I wondered what they'd taste like.

"Well..." I looked away, gathered my thoughts and said, "You are,"

"What?"

"You're stupid," I dragged my gaze from his lips and to his eyes. But unfortunately, his dull gray eyes were covered in a pair of sunglasses so I couldn't sneak a peek at them. "And, that's my cue to leave," I moved aside his hand and turned around to leave.

"I didn't say you could leave," He met my pace and stood infront of me. "Did I?" I was being polite and showing compassion as my Dad always taught me to do but on the other hand, Scott had no intention of stopping the torture anytime soon.

"Fine." I stopped dead. "What do you want from me? Isn't it enough? You have gotten everything you need. You have the video that can ruin my entire year, no one wants to be friends with me after you had told them all not to be, boys barely glance at me and you have fucked me. Is there anything else you need to do boost your male ego and your foolish, evil pride?" I winced as my words ended. My throat turned dry as sand and I hope that something came out of whatever I blabbered.

Scott's posture stiffened and the corner of his lips cocked into a smile as he chuckled wickedly. "That was quite funny! Oh, damn, I didn't even know when all of that happened."

"Stop it."

"First, tell me," he rubbed his hands together and moved closer, "Did you enjoy it? When I fucked you?" He whispered in my ears, gently and softly.

God.

I was mute with his question but found courage to answer back. I didn't know where that courage came from but I was thankful for it.

"Yes, yes, I did." I replied, "I enjoyed it a lot but I would never ever in my entire life have sex with you again, not even if I got a billion dollars."

He swiveled back immediately, the smile disappearing off his face and hurt emerging on his features, "Ouch," He wanted to hear it, hear how good he was but instead, he got the opposite. "I'm hurt,"

"I don't care. Goodbye, Scott." Tightening the grip around my bag, I headed towards the gates of the school, bunking the last period wasn't going to do any damage but staying here—with Scott for another second was going to wreck me.

"I have my eyes on you, Brianna!" I heard him but I wasn't bothered to turn back around and face him. That's how unnecessary he was for me now.

Scott was selfish, conceited and full of pride. And, I was never going to give in to him even if I had to shut off my desires.

•••

"Remember, back in the city when I used to go to school, I got this project to organize a play and I killed it. Everyone was so happy with my work," Aya said, dragging her life and ignoring mine.

It was almost dinner time and there hadn't been a moment where Aya would let me speak. When I told her about the King Lear's play, she bought her own stories and took my attention away like a true elder sister would.

I turned a blind eye on her and continued to mix the sauce while Mom prepared dinner. Dad was on the couch, watching the TV beside me, he didn't speak a lot as he a quiet kind of man. The only time he ever spoke was when it was required.