Chapter 15

Chapter 15

When we arrived at the party, it smelled like booze, sweat and a lot of perfume. A party. The entire area was wrapped up in alcohol, girls were jumping around, dancing while the boys were over the girls, making out, everywhere. It was my worse nightmare.

"Come on, girl, have some fun!" Veora said, dragging me further inside the house that I had been into once. That one time was sacred compared to now.

When Mr. Roberto invited my family to his house, it was sleek, clean and well-kept. The hallways were clear, free from any alcohol, there was barely any music just a low piano playing at the background and that wasn't all. I couldn't believe Scott was the son for a such a sober man as Mr. Roberto.

Where was he anyways?

The crowd looked like it came out of a horror flick or something. Veora disappeared and ghosted me the moment we stepped inside the house. She vanished and never returned back.

"What are you doing here?" I flinched at Scott voice as he appeared behind me.

Here we go.

I swallowed hard and turned around to face him, "Veora wanted to come to this party and she dragged me along. I didn't know until the last second that it was your party or I wouldn't hav—" I tried to be nice but he cut me off before I could complete.

"Or you wouldn't have come? Yelp, that's too late." He folded his hands across his chest and completed my sentence.

"Yeah,"

"So, you're going to leave now?"

The awkward silence between us lengthened when I said nothing because I had no idea whether I wanted to stay or not. The party looked fun—but it wasn't my kind of fun. But again, I came with Veora and I could only leave with her as it was my duty to handle her.

I looked around, my eyes studying the boys and the girls, most of them were from Eastcrow High but there were other boys, a lot older, hanging around and having fun.

And, they were cute.

"I think I'm going to stay for a while," I flashed a smile at Scott.

In response, he nodded his head and walked away, acting like he was ignoring my existence. It was fine with me. There were many other boys that could show me a good time around here.

I searched for Veora for a while but when I found her nowhere, I went to the area where the drinks were being served and decided to drink a little bit. This was going to be long night, yet, I had no intentions of drinking alcohol as I had to take my Dad's car back home.

If I knew that it was Scott's party, I would've just walked the two minute distance instead of dragging Dad's car here.

I grabbed the fruity drink that appealed my eyes and took a sip to only realize that it was a punch, mixed with vodka and alcohol. I shuddered as it burned down my throat. I dropped back the drink and decided to do something else that didn't involve drinking.

Just as I was about to move away from the table, I crashed into someone and she poured her entire drink down my chest, soaking the lovely dress I decided on wearing.

"What the—"

"Stop stealing my boyfriend," Mariah said, backing me up to a corner, "And, what the fuck are you even doing here? Don't you have some homework to do?"

"Excuse me?"

"Stay away from Scott or I will make your live miserable," she threatened.

"I'm not even close to him," I replied, making it clear. We weren't having anything—at least not anymore. How did Mariah even learn about it? "We were just friends,"

"I like the term 'were'. Make sure it stays like that," She raved before walking away with her three-inch heels that made a horrible, screeching sound.

I cursed her to the moon and back for ruining my dress and coming up to me like that. What was her problem anyway? Scott wasn't even in a relationship with her. It seemed like Mariah was obsessed with him and he was trying to run away or maybe the vice-versa.

"Ugh, you got a little—" A man said, pointing at my dress.

"I know," I groaned.

"Do you need help with that? I have a few clothes in my car," He suggested. I didn't even know the man, he didn't belong to our school and it was clearly not someone young.

"No, I'm fine." I said, grabbing the tissue rolls from the counter and rubbing them across the dress, hoping they'd help and I wouldn't have to go home with the smell of alcohol all over me.

"You should change," The man stayed even though I politely denied him. "Trust me, you'll get a skin reaction with the punch all over your dress."

I looked for Veora in the crowd but she was still nowhere to be found. I needed her to help me with this. Where was she even?

"Fine," I sighed, agreeing with the man who gave me uneasy glances. I followed him outside the house either way.

"I'm Hunter, by the way," He said, still walking.

"Oh, I'm Brianna. Do you go to Eastcrow High?"

He laughed and shook his head, "The school? I finished that years ago."

My assumptions were right, Hunter was a lot older than everyone inside the party. Did Scott have old friends? What kind of friends did he even have away from school?

Hunter walked over to his truck and I stood a distance away from him as he pulled out a bag and gave me a shirt that I could wear. I looked at the size and then gulped. I had to go home after this. Mariah ruined the entire evening for me and Veora was nowhere to be found—she ditched me. Nothing worse could happen more than this.

"Thank you," I said, "I'm just going to go inside and change,"

Just as I was about to leave, the man grabbed my hand and stopped me, "I think you should change right here," he whispered to me.

My thoughts froze for a second, "What?"

Red fucking flag.

Run.

He stepped closer like a predator would do at it's prey. I looked for anyone around me while I struggled to get a release from his hand wrapped around my mine. There was no one at the driveway except for me. The music was blasting from the house and everyone was inside, partying and enjoying while I was going to be attacked by someone.

The man pulled into the shadow, "I think you know what I mean," He said in a low tone, dragging the words for as long as he could.

I grabbed my chance and screamed as he pushed me against the side of his car before slapping his hand over my mouth. I continued to scream and thrash my hands around his large body, hitting him after every second.

"Shut the fuck up," he groaned, hitting my face. "We both know girls like you are desperate so show this lonely man a good time,"

Tension filled my mind and my cheek stung with the hit I received. His hands wandered around my body and before he could do anything, he was ripped away from me and thrown to the ground.

"I will show you a good time,"

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr