Chapter 10

Chapter 10

At Friday evening, someone rang the doorbell and I quickly went downstairs knowing who it was. I stopped my Mom from opening the door and let her resume back to her chores.

"Who is it?" She asked, stepping inside the kitchen.

"It's my friend, she just moved here." I whispered to her before unlocking the door and allowing Veora inside my house. She came along with her Mom who left immediately after seeing me.

"Hey," I said, lightly hugging her. "Come meet my Mom."

It was just yesterday when Veora was telling me about her classes and how she had a lot of work to do. Being a bright student in most of the classes, I suggested her that we could study together once in a week and that way she could catch up with a schedule. She wasn't hesitant at all and she agreed on staying at my house for the weekend.

There was only one single person in the whole entire school that wasn't influenced by Scott and that was Veora. I wasn't going to loose an opportunity of making her as my friend.

After Veora met my Mom we went upstairs to my room and locked the door so Aya couldn't disturb me. She was always intrigued whenever I had any kind of friends.

"You have a nice house!" Veora exclaimed, plopping on my bed with comfort.

"Thank you,"

"So, you moved here as well?"

"Yes, just a few months ago. Mainly because my Mom found a better job here and we had been living in Colorado for a very long time so it got boring there," I explained, going through my things to remove my textbooks so we could start with studying.

"Oh, that's interesting."

"Yeah, what about you? Where did you move from?" I asked her.

"My parents are actually divorced so I just live with my Mom. She wanted a change as well," she replied. Despite her chocolate-brown skin, she had a beautiful sprinkle of dark freckles across her nose and cheeks. Her gray eyes stood out the most from her features.

"Oh. Do you like the town?" I asked, pushing a piece of hair behind my ear and sitting beside her, "I was a city girl so it took a while from me to settle down here,"

"Yes, it's nice but again, it has just been a few days. People are friendly here and of course, you as well." She flashed a smile at me.

I blushed, "Well, it's not often you can befriend girls who aren't under the influence of Scott."

"Scott? The bad boy?" She asked, laughing.

"Yes,"

"Under influence? Is he a drug or what?"

I chuckled out lowly while shaking my head. He was definitely a drug for me but I was still keeping my distance from him. Not because I hated him or anything but because I was terrified about my parents and Aya. They'd strangle me if they found out that I was crushing over someone as Scott Nicholas.

Scott affected my body in ways that I couldn't even describe.

"For most girls, yes."

"I suppose it's because he's the son of the mayor," she said, ringing bells across my head. Wait. I never knew that.

"You mean by the son of Mayor Roberto?" I asked, raising my brows in complete confusion. "I—thought he wasn't even married," I was in disbelief. I came across the town's mayor when my family first moved here, we were invited to their house as it was a tradition to welcome new residents.

Mayor Roberto lived in the same street. Just a few houses away after all we lived in the town center. My parents weren't that rich but they had jobs that payed them well.

But.

Scott couldn't be his son. The Mayor had never mentioned him or anything related to having a son. When we went over to his house, I hadn't seen his wife or Scott there, it was just him.

"Yes. You don't know that?" Veora asked.

My jaw twitched, "No,"

"Wow. Roberto and Nicholas, doesn't it rings a bell?" I shook my head and she continued, "Both of the names are Italian," she threw a punch over my shoulder and forced me to realize that Scott was the son of our infamous Mayor.

My breath was nearly ripped away, "Oh, god." This was just going to get worse. My Dad knew the Mayor and they had been talking a lot recently, he even invited him for dinner over the next weekend so both our families could meet up properly.

I snapped out of my thoughts and shook them all away. So what? It wasn't like Scott was going to tell his Dad that he was fucking Mr. Zack's daughter.

"We should get on studying," I murmured, throwing all the books on the bed.

Veora nodded her head and pulled out her books from the bag. Together, we started studying like we were supposed to do.

• • •

"Now that we are alone, could I ask you something?" Veora blurted out. We were standing in the girls washroom, all alone. I was taming down my wild hair while Veora was applying her lipstick. "Do you have a crush on Scott?"

I jerked my head at her direction, my eyes widening, "What?" I meant, what? "No! Of course not. Ew,"

"Really? I thought you would've,"

"Why would you even think that?" The rubberband snapped on back of my hands as I tried to tie up my hair, I was that furious. It wasn't about denying feelings, it was more about making sure that no one knew that I was crushing over Scott, especially when he was a known fuckboy in the school.

The girls wouldn't take a second to name me as Scott's next victim and the boys—they'd never taunting me.

Veora shrugged softly, "I thought you would. You seem so interested in him and the way you look at him is different,"

There were only a few times Veora saw me Scott over the past week. The first time was when I was discussing about the King Lear's play with him and I was blushing heard at that time as he was only whispering about how cock felt nice in my mouth. We were alone in the class so I didn't mind until Veora slid in through the door and look at both of us before dragging me away from him.

The other time was at the cafeteria when he was taunting me about the books I had been reading. It was nothing new.

"No, I don't." I stomped out of the girls washroom as it began crowding, "I don't like him at all and I don't look at him with doe eyes if you're wondering that."

"All right, I believe you." She snorted, still not believing me.

That was fine.

Veora was my friend now. Even if she knew that I was crushing over Scott, it wouldn't make a difference.

I went into the changing room along with Veora and we wore our P.E uniform together before jogging outside to join the other girls. Most of the girls in the school were interested in cheerleading and like every school, we had our own sport—baseball. I was interested in either of it but to maintain my grades, I participated in a few races and other activities that I found interesting, like jogging.

Our coach, Mario, blew into his whistle and called up all the girls.

"All right, girls, we are going to start with running, so get on the track, all of you!" He shouted.

Here it goes.

A few of the girls started stretching and some of them began to ran on the rubber track that went on for miles. I gulped down some water while Veora stretched.

The sky was cloudy so there wasn't any sun attacking us. I peeked to left side of the ground and found Scott.

Kissing Mariah.

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr