Chapter 14

Chapter 14

It was a surprise when our literature teacher, Ms. Smith, decided to take a few days off and we were left with a substitute teacher that I had never seen before. The teacher didn't even bother introducing himself, instead, he went on telling us how we had a free class and that we were free to do anything except for shouting.

"Do you drive?" Veora asked, closing her books as we were in a free class. No one studied in a few class—neither did I.

"Kind of. I'm done with my driving classes but to afraid to take my Dad's car out for a drive," I told her, loudly. Silence wasn't a part of the class anymore. Boys and girls were gossiping, playing and do other things that I didn't even recongize.

The subsititue teacher sat silently, his earphones deep in his ears as he jammed onto something and ignored the whole class that was going wild.

"You should!" Veora said, "It's going to be fun. How about you drive us to the party this weekend? It's a short distance from your house,"

"But—" I paused for a moment. I wasn't going to drink or get drunk so there was a possibility that I could drive Veora to the party. "Fine,"

"Perfect!"

Veora stopped throwing hands on the air when the door of our class bursted open and Scott walked inside. A bag over his shoulder and an angry smug over his face. His eyes wondered around everywhere before landing on me.

When he came to me, he stood tall. Veora and I looked at him for a whole moment before Scott snapped his fingers and asked Veora to leave.

"She isn't going anywhere," I said, grabbing her hand as she tried to stand up.

"We need to talk,"

"Then talk,"

"Brianna," He warned, taking my name. "I need to talk alone. Stop ignoring me,"

"I'm not ignoring you," Well, I was.

"Yes, you are." I watched his jaw clench with anger as he spoke.

"I'm not. I just don't want to talk to you," I replied, putting a control over my feelings and looking away from him. It was a few hours ago that I realized that Scott was bad. He bullied me for months, did everything to ruin my life—I couldn't just forget that and kiss him like nothing had ever happened.

Over that, he never apologized for his actions. There were days I cried to myself alone because I had no one—he never allowed anyone to be my friend.

"Get up and come with me," He said through the chatter behind him.

"What? I can't hear you,"

A frown appeared on his lips and his brows scrunched, extending the anger. He turned around to the group of girls behind him and shouted, "Can you shut your annoying little mouth for a moment? I'm trying to fucking talk here,"

All heads turned his way and the class went in silent mode. Scott turned around to me and grabbed my hand before getting me off my seat.

"Excuse me?" I whispered.

He pulled me out of class and slammed me against the wall, "Now, we can talk."

"What do you want?"

"Why are you ignoring me?"

"Because you're a bitch," I bursted out. "You're a horrible person and I shouldn't have feelings for you when for the past four months all you have been doing to me is bullying. You ruined my life for months,"

"So?" He asked, ignoring every literal thing I said. "Does it matter?"

"Yes, it does. You're awful! And, I want nothing to with you. The least you can do is apologize," I spat out before turning away from him for good. He didn't even say anything while I walked away.

Scott didn't care.

I stomped back into the class and sat beside Veora,

"What happened?"

"Just had an argument but it's nothing," I replied.

Cupid could drive his arrow into my heart but I wasn't going to like Scott who had done everything to make my life a living hell. God. He even tried to suspend me on three different situations, insulted me a hundred times in front of his friends just so he could laugh for a while and it didn't end there, he did worse things.

I couldn't forget.

The thoughts came out of me all of a sudden, one minute I was falling for him and the other minute, I was onto to avenging the torture Scott had put me up through too.

It was a Friday night when Veora showed up on my doorstep. She told her Mom that she was going to stay over for the night but that wasn't the reason. We were going for a party!

"Are your parents fine with you coming back in the middle of the night because it will get late?" She asked, stepping inside my room.

The flat iron streamed through my curled locks and I nodded my head, "Mom's out at work and my Dad doesn't mind if I go out for a while. It's just a high-school party, nothing that serious." It was just a bunch of drunk teenagers, a little bit of alcohol and a lot of music.

Nothing out of the ordinary. I kept myself inside for too long, I had to go wild for once.

"All right, dress up, quick! We have to leave!" Veora exclaimed, walking back and forth. She was eager to leave but I took my time to get ready.

I used a little makeup and wore a casual gray, party dress and let my hair down for the night. Once ready, I grabbed the car keys from the small desk just right inside the house and went outside with Veora by my side.

"And, your Dad doesn't has a problem if you grab one of his cars?" She asked.

"I told him beforehand," I pushed the keys inside the car that I had driven quite a few times around the area with my driving instructor and the engine roared. It was an 90's car and Dad didn't mind giving it to me as it barely held any value.

Once I learned to drive properly, he and Mom promised a car as a gift on my next birthday—which was eight months away.

We sat inside the car and I began driving out of the driveway, only then I realized that I didn't know where we were going as Veora had never told me who's party we were attending.

"Where is the party?" I asked, driving slowly around my streets.

"Oh, yeah, I forgot. Let me grab my invitations," she shuffled inside her purse and pulled out two invitations.

I parked the car aside and read it. The invitation stated that it was a party for only 18+ students of the Eastcrow High and nerds, bookworms, ugly girls and nasty boys weren't invited at all.

"What the fuck?" I grunted, reading the small line at the corner. It was an exclusive party to only those students who had the invitations.

Whoever was throwing it was defiantly a prick or a spoiled rotten, brat.

There was no name stated on the invitation but there was an address to a house that was only a street away from mine.

"Is that the Mayor's house?" I asked, my head snapping towards Veora's direction. "Please don't tell me this is Scott's party,"

"Well, it is. I thought I told you, didn't I?"

"No, you didn't."

"Oh, sorry."

"I can't go here!" I exclaimed, rubbing my fingers over my temples. I just fought with Scott, I couldn't show up at his party and act like nothing had happened.

"Why not? Come on, it's just a few minutes away," Veora argued, her lips turning into a pout as she pleaded, "It will be fun, I promise! The girls say that Scott's parties are the best."

"Fine,"

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr